|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence, Electronics||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Aaron Stone||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Head of Procurement
Head of Procurement required to join a globally established Aerospace / Defence company in the Gloucestershire area as part of the Procurement team. This role will be fundamental in overseeing the management of all material related disciplines and to execute the full end to end supply chain strategy.
The Head of Procurement will manage the companies Procurement team & Global Supply Chain over 3 sites, ensuring robust processes exist to facilitate adherence to business requirements, to drive cost down initiatives and to identify and mitigate the risks associated with a diverse supplier base.
Key Responsibilities for the Head of Procurement include:
- Lead, coach & develop the Procurement team
- Develop a supply chain strategy that supports the company performance objectives. Leading change with your team and key stakeholders
- Manage the entire lifecycle of sourcing and procurement projects
- Identify and drive savings through to completion
- Monitor & improve supplier performance
- Identify appropriate department KPI's and Lobbies to measure & monitor performance
- Build strong internal relationships with key stakeholders to communicate the procurement strategy
- Build supplier relationships using agreed strategic and ethical methods to ensure a focused, efficient and dedicated supply chain
- Manage the Procurement MRP messages effectively to ensure timely and accurate performance on all material delivery requirements.
- Work with suppliers to negotiate the most cost effective and business appropriate agreements for the supply of key materials and services, which demonstrate continual performance improvements against defined KPI's.
- Reduce working capital by analysing & controlling all aspects of material supply to minimise stock holding performance on business cash and profit
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Experience of management at multi-site level & ability to offer a detailed, business-wide strategic overview.
- Experience of managing full end-to-end supply chain.
- Knowledge of ERP / MRP systems.
- Proven negotiating skills.
- Ideally prior experience of managing & developing procurement / supply chain staff.
- Experience of working to budgetary and time sensitive targets.
- C.I.P.S. Level 4 or higher preferred.
- Ideally educated to degree level in a related subject
- MCIPS membership an advantage
- (further training available as part of role)
On offer for the Head of Procurement is a competitive salary and package that can be disclosed during the application process.