|Location: West Malling, Kent||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Utilities & Infrastructure, Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
Head of Safety, Health & Environment
Fixed Term Contract to November 2020
Salary - DOE
We are currently looking for a head of SHEQ to work on a fixed term contract, finishing in November 2020. You will be required to manage and control your section of work to agreed programmes, insuring there conversant to works programmes and related information for the ASC. You will be reporting directly to the general manager who will be there to guide and support, however you will be expected to come in and hit the ground running with little support.
Due to the length of the contract, out client is open to people who are looking to work freelance.
You will be expected to develop, maintain and review the company's yearly strategy which will meat legislative and business requirements and insure it is done efficiently and up to requirements.
Governance and policy:
You will be in charge to make ensure SHE policies, standards and procedures are in place.
You will also monitor compliance and effectiveness as well as making sure SHE risks are identified, assessed and managed.
As mentioned before, you will be working alongside the manager and area leadership team. This will include;
- Accident reduction & investigation
- Innovative approaches to improving safety, environmental and wellbeing awareness & behaviours.
- Delivery and organisation of appropriate training and development.
- Ensuring adequate health surveillance & environmental monitoring is in place and acted upon.
They would be looking for someone who is able to recruit, manage and develop an appropriate level of future employees and make sure that they are to deliver the agreed SHE strategy across the business.
Lean Management requirements:
The successful SHE manager will implement and perform all aspects of the job in accordance with the relevant competency Pathway Level (1-4) and the companies Lean Philosophy
You are responsible for implementing and maintaining safe systems of work in accordance with the ASC Project Safety, Health and Environmental Management procedures. This includes a regular assessment of new risks and hazards that may not be specifically covered by a SHE management system already in place.
- Liaising and informing the General Manager of any health, safety or environmental incidents.
- The maintenance and implementation of the health, safety & environment aspects of the IBMS+, liaison with the Quality Manager to ensure its effective delivery and conformance to ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001, as well as informing the BST Manager of all modifications to the IBMS+.
- Assisting in the generation of procedures, systems and documentation as required on specialist subjects to improve safe and environmental working procedures.
- Carrying out regular Health, Safety & Environment audits/inspections to review and monitor the effectiveness of the Integrated Business Management System.
- Liaising with the HR & Training Manager for co-ordinating and resourcing H&S training and for liaising with managers on its implementation.
- Managing a team of SHE Advisors
- Support the implementation of the H&S strategy.
- Provide assistance when requested on the assessment and appointment of sub-contractors.
- Provide assistance in preparing and developing site HASEMPS and supporting documentation
Essential requirements for a SHE Manager:
- Must hold a NEBOSH Diploma
- Driving licence
- Microsoft Office - intermediate level
- Communication skills including presentations and training delivery
- Current SHE legislation
- Strong leadership qualities
- Results focused
- Able to demonstrate measurable SHE improvements in previous roles
- Able to demonstrate strategic SHE innovations within previous roles
Desirable requirements for the SHE Manager:
- Chartered membership of IOSH.
- Educated to degree level
- Industry standards relating to highways.
- Experience of SHE delivery at a senior functional level within a joint venture or the highways industry
- Completion of Lean Competency Level 3 - Lean Leadership/Champion
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.