|Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
Head of Supply Chain
Head of Supply Chain needed for a leading Defence organisation based in High Wycombe who are looking to employ an experienced Head of Supply Chain who can lead all facets of Supply Chain management including, but not limited to; Procurement, Inventory Management, Material Forecasting, Sourcing and Financial Management to budget
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Head of Supply Chain will include:
- Lead the activities of all functions involved in the sourcing, material acquisition, control of materials from the forecast demand to the delivery of stock to the production facilities
- Lead commercial negotiations for major procurement contracts; make recommendations on sourcing direction based on Total Cost of Ownership, supply chain & business risk, supply chain positioning & optimized strategic buffers
- Develop lean supply chain initiatives to ensure we maintain pace with our customer demand while protecting working capital
- Work with the Operations Director, to develop and implement a departmental strategy and budget which supports the overall business plan. Take ownership of specific areas of the plan, and manage their implementation including the development of key metrics and reporting
- Establish with effective leadership skills a continuous improvement culture
- Lead and coach others in achieving Supply Chain excellence, quality control and safety
- Develop and continuously improve supplier relationship & performance programs, supported by relevant KPIs
- Contribute cross-departmentally with existing and new product development projects, ensuring timely acquisition of materials and a robust Supply Chain to support products from development to end of life
- Take responsibility for the employee lifecycle of direct reports, from recruitment, training and development, performance management and employee engagement
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to assimilate data from various sources and synthesize inputs into actionable, cost-effective plans
- Continuously analyse the supply chain and implement alternative sourcing strategies to reduce cost and improve performance.
- Support Customer offset requirements through the development of local supply solutions.
What you need to be the successful Head of Supply Chain:
In order to be the successful Head of Supply Chain and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- CIPS or equivalent Supply Chain or business management qualification, or equivalent experience preferred
- In depth knowledge of Current Best-In Class supplier qualification processes and supplier performance metrics
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to perform and produce results in a team environment. Experience with presentations of complex issues to upper and executive management
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities is required
- Over 5 years' progressive experience within Procurement or Supply Chain with demonstrated experience in a leadership role; or equivalent combination of work experience and education
- Ability to thrive in pressure-filled situations with aggressive timelines
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, think creatively, solve problems; ability to make timely, effective, fact based decisions and take initiative
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Supply Chain to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.