|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Bradley Lamb||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Health & Safety Advisor
Health & Safety Advisor required for a globally recognised Aerospace company who are based in Dorset.
My client is looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to be responsible for supporting the site leadership team and the Health and Safety Lead in implementing HSE processes and delivering the HSE strategy and rationale for action.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will need the ability to deliver results through people, gaining commitment from both management and employees to facilitate improvements.
Salary for this position will be discussed further upon application. All candidates must be eligible for Security Clearance.
Benefits for Health & Safety Advisor:
- 25 days Holiday
- Health and dental care
- Pension scheme
- & many more!
Experience & Qualifications Needed for Health & Safety Advisor:
- Proven interest in progressing the SHE agenda
- Relevant experience, either as SHE Coordinator or from an outside function (e.g. Operations, Engineering, Audit)
- Has sound knowledge of business environment in which they operate
- NEBOSH General Certificate part qualified or equivalent, or prepared to undertake qualification
- Affiliated member of internationally recognised Occupational Safety and Health organisation (e.g. IOSH)
- Affiliated member of recognised environmental organisation (e.g. IEMA)
- Internal Auditor ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 (ISO45001)
- Acts as an internal and external influencer
- Undertakes Continuous Professional Development (CPD) to keep current with best practice within the industry
Key Responsibilities for Health & Safety Advisor position:
- When required, responsible for attending site leadership meetings in order to progress the SHE agenda
- Has responsibility to apply suitable and sufficient HSE arrangements locally
- Ensures that reactive principles are recorded and reported to the Health and Safety Lead
- Ensures proactive management principles and tools (e.g. root cause analysis, cost benefit analysis, risk assessments, carbon foot-printing, LC assessment etc.) are applied locally to Hazard & Risk Management and Environmental Aspects & Impacts, including business continuity planning and emergency management
- Monitors SHE performance and ensures internal assurance processes are in place locally
- Ensures area of responsibility is in compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements
- Ensures suitable and sufficient advice and guidance is communicated to operational management
- Development, implementation and monitoring of objectives and targets locally to continually improve through the SHE Standards
- Manages financial resource to ensure suitable and sufficient SHE management locally
- Develop, provide or arrange suitable and sufficient SHE training locally
To apply for this exciting permanent Health & Safety Advisor opportunity please press 'apply now'.