|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Charlie Ringer|
Health and Safety Manager needed - Permanent and Contract position available - Based in Bedford
Currently I am recruiting for a Health and Safety manager to join my Client who are a well-known and respected Aerospace company based in Bedford on a Contract and permanent basis.
The primary function of the Health and Safety Manager is to communicate best practice policies and practices across the organisation to ensure safety is at the heart of all employees and third parties when on site.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Providing Health and Safety reports for the board level
- Embed the Company's Health and Safety Policy, strategy and relevant procedures
- Develop and implement safe working systems and procedures for the management of health and safety
- To undertake projects to develop and promote health and safety awareness, policies and procedures
- Developing, maintaining and embedding all required H&S documentation under the HASWA
- Creating a safe and healthy environment without risk to visitors, contractors and employees
- Encourage accurate reporting of all accidents, incidents and near misses
Skills required for the successful Health and Safety Manager:
- Experience and knowledge of all key responsibility areas outlined above
- Experience of working in an aerospace engineering environment
- Proven experience motivating employees to promote and nurture a truly embedded Health and Safety culture
- Knowledge of formulating, implementing and revising all H&S policies, procedures and documentation inc. experience of Safety Packs, Risk Assessments, DSE, PPE, Chemicals, Safety Equipment and machinery used within the aviation industry and Fire Risk Assessment
- Have a sound understanding of the principles of risk assessment techniques and how they are to be applied in this environment
- Have good all-round knowledge of the European and UK legislative system, including the ability to read and interpret Acts of parliament, Regulations, Approved Codes of Practice and Guidance notes.
- Have a sound understanding of the HSE's 'Managing for health and safety' system and the process of implementation.
- Experience of handling H&S investigations and implement commercially appropriate solutions for preventative action
If you are interested in this position please apply today!