|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + Ben's|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Health, Safety and Environmental Business Partner
Essex: Commutable from, Romford, Chelmsford, Colchester, Harlow, and Southend
Salary - £35,000 - £45,000 depending on your experience.
I have a great opportunity for a Health, Safety and Environmental Business Partner to join a very successful and growing Electronics Technology company based in Essex. You will support the HSE Manager across the diverse range of business sectors - medical, science, aerospace, defence and industrial. You will gain a great career with this company and work your way up the ladder with plenty of opportunities becoming available with the planned growth.
Some of the main duties of the Health, Safety and Environmental Business Partner will include:
- Working with the H, S & E Manager to ensure the health and safety management system is suitable and effective and aligned with the needs of the business,
- Engagement with production, engineering, facilities and project teams to understand and practically support their operational and business health and safety requirements,
- Support workforce engagement, and H,S & E culture development initiatives,
- Chair the Health, Safety and Environmental Committee and facilitate Risk Action Groups that are chaired by operational managers,
- Deputise for H, S & E Manager, including preparation for and presenting at the SLT Health, Safety and Environmental Steering Committee.
- Develop and review the H,S & E policies, procedures, guidance and risk assessments to ensure they are fit for purpose and up to date,
- Assist with the introduction, implementation, maintenance and use of H, S & E specialist software for the management of accidents, incidents, risk assessments, audit and inspections,
- To support managers to address actions arising from risk assessments, audits and inspections etc. and ensure that appropriate action is taken and closed out in an agreed timescale,
- Co-ordinate regular health, safety and environmental evaluations and audits in line with internal and external H, S & E audit schedules and support management in rectifying non-conformances and proactively address observations made to drive continuous improvement,
- Work with the Occupational Health to assist in the identification and implementation of effective health surveillance,
- To assist managers with identifying workforce training needs in conjunction with managers and Human Resources,
- Assist with development, implementation and testing of emergency preparedness and response arrangements,
In order to be the successful Health, Safety and environmental Business Partner and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Relevant degree, NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Member of IOSH, ideally CMIOSH, as a minimum Grad IOSH (evidence of CPD)
- Minimum 5 years working in a large complex, higher risk organisation
- Business focussed and pragmatic approach to health and safety
- Ability to lead and influence at all levels
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Highly motivated and proactive individual with a pragmatic and can do attitude towards H, S &E
- You will need to be able to obtain (SC) Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Health, Safety and Environmental Business Partner to join a forward thinking organisation that is making all the right changes for the future. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!