|Location: Southend-On-Sea, Essex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Health Safety and Environmental Advisor
Health Safety and Environmental Advisor needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Southend who are looking to employ an experienced Health Safety and Environmental Advisor
with an in-depth knowledge of OHSAS 19001 and ISO 14001 management systems.
Some of the main duties of the Health Safety and Environmental Advisor will include:
- Provide competent and technical health, safety and occasional environmental advice (HS& EA) and guidance to business management working in partnership with assurance managers.
- Play an active role in the development and delivery of safety management systems, objectives and work programmes.
- Support practical implementation and delivery of HS&E legislation, policy, strategy and objectives; applying high professional standards through building a strong professional internal network.
- Promote a positive and innovative safety culture, seeking and contributing to the Safe for Life programme, and engaging with business management to ensure lessons learned are understood and embedded.
- Across the organisation and in partnership with the HSEA community deliver the change programme through a process of training, mentoring, coaching and facilitating.
- Carry out and provide assistance to management in the investigation of incidents, hazards or occupational ill health, as appropriate to business needs and commensurate with potential outcome.
- Monitor HS&E performance across the business; leading, conducting and supporting inspection, tour and sampling programmes and support business areas in their preparation for OHSAS 18001 audits.
- Provide the wider Safety, Assurance & Sustainability team with information and statistics on business performance as required.
- Support and assist with the assessment of risks; scrutinising, coaching and developing assessor competency, and providing "hands-on" input in respect of complex and / or high hazard activities.
- Raise competency of individuals through the creation and delivery of HS&E training within the business.
- Participate constructively in the preparation and conduct of management reviews.
- Liaise with customers, enforcement authorities, HS&E professional bodies, insurance or audit companies, as required.
Experience & Qualifications for Health Safety and Environmental Advisor
- Experience, post qualification, as a health and safety practitioner.
- Working knowledge and experience of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 management systems.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- CMIOSH or working towards CPD
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Health Safety and Environmental Advisor to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!