|Location: Southend-On-Sea, Essex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Human Factors||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
Health Safety and Environmental Advisor
Southend on Sea
Health Safety and Envionmental Advisor needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Southend on Sea who are looking to employ an experienced Health Safety and Environmental Advisor with working knowledge and experience of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 management.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Health Safety and Envionmental Advisor will include:
- Provide competent and technical health, safety and occasional environmental advice (HS& EA) and guidance to business management working in partnership with assurance managers.
- Support practical implementation and delivery of HS&E legislation, policy, strategy and objectives; applying high professional standards through building a strong professional internal network.
- Promote a positive and innovative safety culture, seeking and contributing to the Safe for Life programme, and engaging with business management to ensure lessons learned are understood and embedded.
- Across the organisation and in partnership with the HSEA community deliver the change programme through a process of training, mentoring, coaching and facilitating.
- Carry out and provide assistance to management in the investigation of incidents, hazards or occupational ill health, as appropriate to business needs and commensurate with potential outcome.
- Monitor HS&E performance across the business; leading, conducting and supporting inspection, tour and sampling programmes and support business areas in their preparation for OHSAS 18001 audits.
- Provide the wider Safety, Assurance & Sustainability team with information and statistics on business performance as required.
- Support and assist with the assessment of risks; scrutinising, coaching and developing assessor competency, and providing "hands-on" input in respect of complex and / or high hazard activities.
- Raise competency of individuals through the creation and delivery of HS&E training within the business.
- Participate constructively in the preparation and conduct of management reviews.
- Liaise with customers, enforcement authorities, HS&E professional bodies, insurance or audit companies, as required.
What you need to be the successful Health Safety and Environmental Advisor:
In order to be the successful Health Safety and Environmental Advisor and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience, post qualification, as a health and safety practitioner.
- Working knowledge and experience of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 management systems.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- CMIOSH or working towards CPD
- The ability to promote and deliver a culture of continuous improvement.
- The ability to identify problem areas in the business and take remedial action in a flexible, supportive and pro-active manner.
- Able to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- The ability to think creatively and exercise sound judgement in advising on mitigation of risks.
- A good working knowledge of application regulation and associated legislation.
- A strong 'people person', with the ability to work with and influence many different people.
- A good communicator, with the ability to create many relationships and handle conflict.
- Ability to challenge and question people, process and systems in a direct but non-offensive and tactful manner
- Ability to provide an effective, robust scrutiny of business activities.
- Ability to evaluate situations and information quickly and reach workable solutions
- Excellent problem solving abilities to schedule and seek innovative, effective and efficient solutions.
- Personal attributes must include confidentiality, independence, integrity drive, energy and enthusiasm.
- Adopt a 'hands-on' approach to all activities
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Health Safety and Environmental Advisor to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!