|Location: Lincolnshire, England||Salary: £25000 - £30000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 29 days ago|
Health Safety and Environmental Advisor required for a leading aerospace company who specialise in aerial surveillance, operational readiness training, aircraft modification and integration, search and rescue, and environment surveillance and response.
The Health Safety and Environmental Advisor will provide regional HSE advice and guidance to both Business Units, helping them to implement the HSE Procedures contained within the HSE Manual and adhere to HSE legislation. This includes regular site inspections to offer assurance to base/site managers, Aviation Services (CAvS), Cobham PLC and the customer.
This role is based in Lincolnshire, and is paying a basic salary between £25,000 - £30,000.
As a Health Safety and Envirnmental Advisor your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- The ability to identify and apply HSE Management systems to international standards
- Ability to monitor and amend HSE Management Systems
- Planning and organising internal inspection plan and overseas visits
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to coach and motivate others
- Knowledge of current UK safety law and the ability to inform and persuade others verbally and in written reports and presentations
- Managing relationships and the ability to work as a team member
- Manages personal effectiveness by controlling emotions in the face of pressure and provocative situations
- Able to react appropriately to changing situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate a variety of views on one subject and adapt an approach that meets the change within the organisation or situation
- Analytical thinking and problem solving- able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically
As a Health Safety and Environmental Advisor your main responsibilities will involve:
- Providing clear and accurate advice to all employees and management to help them fulfil their responsibilities under the SHE Management System.
- Remaining current with legal updates and liaison with the HSE and other enforcement organisations.
- Engaging with regulatory authorities and agencies.
- Supporting the business to maintain OHSAS18001 & ISO14001 accreditations through the implementation of the CAvS SHE Procedures.
- Encouraging a continuous improvement in safety performance by coaching of local supervisors and SHE Co-ordinators.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues and ensure appropriate sharing of knowledge and best practice.
- Assisting in the development of safe systems of work.
- Drafting guidance, issue and communicate SHE alerts and have input into procedure and policy amendments and reviews.
- Assisting in accident investigation.
- Assisting and support in regulatory visits and audits.
- Developing specialist knowledge in designated topic areas and use this knowledge to support colleagues and the business.
- Supporting the preparation of reports for management on accident/incident reports and as a result of SHE Procedural Audits (SHEPA).
- Holding safety as a core value and contribute to the achievement of a Zero Harm working environment.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please press 'apply now'. All applicants must be eligible for Security Clearance.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.