|Location: Exeter, Devon||Salary: £10 - £12.5 per hour|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Andriana Panayi||Job Published: 24 days ago|
Salary: £28,000 - £34,000 (dependant on experience)
We are looking for a HGV Mechanic for a main contractor within the truck hire industry. We need a driven and attentive HGV Mechanic to be responsible for the technical and electrical repair, preventative maintenance and modification of the fleet and customer vehicles.
The HGV Mechanic will be given a company vehicle to carry out works but must supply their own tools.
Overtime and weekend work is always available and strongly encourages for all HGV Technician 's.
Main responsibilities of HGV Mechanic:
* Report to the Workshop Manager.
* Carry out preventative maintenance in accordance with company policies and procedures
* Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical defects on all vehicles and related ancillary equipment, replacing parts as and when necessary in line with Company and legislative requirements
* Complete all relevant paperwork and documentation to the required standard
* Communicate vehicle status with customers when required and ensure all customers are dealt with promptly, efficiently and courteously.
Essential qualities for HGV Mechanic :
* HGV Class 1 licence
* At least 1 year experience in HGV Mechanics.
Desirable skills for HGV Mechanic
* HGV Level 3 City & Guilds fitter certification