|Location: Hertfordshire, England||Salary: £25000 - £27000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Highways & Highways Electricals, Utilities & Infrastructure, Rail & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Kelly O'Keefe|
My high-profile client currently has a number of opportunities available within the Traffic/Transport side of their business - if you are looking for that next challenge or are looking to progress your career within the Transport industry then read on!
The Highways Engineer will be required to work as a key member of the Regional Technology (RTMC) Maintenance Team. You will be responsible for completing all technology maintenance tasks as determined by Service Delivery Manager.
Who they are?
Helping to keep traffic moving we have been delivering intelligent traffic solutions and network maintenance for over 30 years. Transport for London, Highways England and many local authorities use our services for monitoring and controlling road usage, providing up-to-date traffic information and above all keeping road users safe.
Our engineers are approved to work in some of the most challenging environments including in safety-critical, security sensitive and often live-traffic situations.
What will you be responsible for?
* Undertakes reactive and planned maintenance on equipment in RTMC Area. Liaising daily with the Lead Engineer who will allocate faults, inspections and maintenance schedules.
* Complete essential maintenance tasks on motorway communications equipment, as laid down by agreed maintenance schedules.
* Close down faults through TPMS or Fault Management System with the Fault Administrator in a timely manner
* Comply with Company and client QEH&S and security policies. Understand and comply with Company policies including use of vehicle, laptop and mobile phone.
* Work with System Engineering team to identify fault trends and re-occurring issues with a view to improving network performance.
* Escalates issues to the Lead Engineer/Service Delivery Manager or nominated deputy as required appraising of progress and fault status.
* Will comply with legislation and have correct risk assessments and method statements
* Responsible for completing all technology maintenance tasks as determined by Service Delivery Manager and issued by the Lead Engineer.
* Will attend to emergency faults and knock downs and carry out corrective maintenance including the reinstatement of sites, cable and equipment damaged by others.
* Must be prepared to sign up to out of hour's callout and to work nights as required by the contract
* Will attend all EH&S training inductions, drug and alcohol testing as required, the HE and ASC and Scheme Contractors
What experience are they are looking for?
* Will have knowledge and application of current technologies, standards, specifications, standards and best practice relating to Highways England`s Motorway and trunk road communications systems
* You will have an understanding of the technology equipment in the RTMC area including AMIs, Message Signs, CCTV, MIDAS, ERTs, Cabinets, Traffic Signals, Weather stations, traffic counting technologies, Ramp Metering and Regional Control Centre systems including HATMS, COBS and its subsystems, display equipment, CCTV, digital storage devices.
* Experience of working in motorway communications industry.
* PC literate/IT proficient
* Electrical background, ideally 18th edition or equivalent
* G39 or experience working near live power
Location and the benefits of working for them:
* This is a field-based role - we are looking for Engineers based in either Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire. You must have a valid UK licence for this role
* They are not just about offering competitive reward packages, we are committed to personal and professional development, career and succession planning and striving to be the best we can be. We offer 33 days holidays (includes public holidays), company pension scheme, Company rewards (discounts to major retailers and cinema tickets) and a range of family friendly policies.