|Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire||Salary: £30000 - £34000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals, Utilities & Infrastructure, Rail & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
£30,000 - £34,000 - 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.
We are seeking an experienced Highways Engineer, with a good knowledge of highways design, sewers and drainage schemes to join the Civil Engineering team in a Newark office.
About the Highway Engineer role:
* Production of schematic/concept designs and design calculations within defined timescales;
* Liaising with other construction professionals in the development of designs;
* Undertaking highway design using Civils 3D software;
* Directing Technicians in the production of AutoCAD and Civils 3D drawings;
* Undertaking quality reviews of designs prior to issue;
* Liaison with Statutory Bodies (e.g. Highways England or Local Authority);
* Analysis and design of earthworks;
* Production of highway design drawings using AutoCAD software;
* Visiting sites and attending site meetings;
* Participation in internal project team meetings;
* Attendance at external design meetings with clients and other design team members;
* Preparing correspondence, reports and specifications.
About the successful Highway Engineer:
* The candidate will have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a design office environment - working within a consultancy to produce design packages suitable for technical approval and construction.
* The candidate will be proficient in the use of Civils 3D software for highway design (horizontal and vertical alignment, junctions etc).
* Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD for drawing production and familiarity with relevant design standards (e.g. DMRB) are essential.
* The candidate will be self-sufficient and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
* HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.