|Location: Potters Bar, Hertfordshire||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals, Utilities & Infrastructure, Rail & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Max Noddings|
Job Title: Highways Maintenance Engineer
Location: Potters Bar
Salary: £30-35k (DOE) + van
Highways Maintenance Engineer needed for a specialist highways organisation based in Potters Bar who are looking to employ an experienced Highways Maintenance Engineer with a full comprehensive understanding of the HCC Asses and Decide policy.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Highways Maintenance Engineer will include:
* Site inspections of routes in mid Hertfordshire including the districts of St Albans, Welwyn, Hatfield and Hertsmere
* Prioritisation of highway defects. Design and delivery of highway maintenance repairs to ensure network safety. Closure of highway defects in Confirm
* Highway network management to ensure network safety
What you need to be the successful Highways Maintenance Engineer:
In order to be the successful Highways Maintenance Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Experience and proficiency in identification and risk assessment of defects to be categorized for appropriate interventions.
* Being fully conversant with HCC's Inspection Manual, along with a high knowledge of the inspection aspects of the Well-Maintained Highways Code of Practice for Highways Maintenance Management
* A full comprehensive understanding of the HCC Asses and Decide Policy
* Having a good understanding of operational delivery within the TMC/Civil Engineering sector with awareness in safety, quality and environmental issues.
* Understanding of construction methodologies with firm grasp of H&S and TMA compliance.
* Understanding of operational H&S responsibilities
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Highways Maintenance Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!