|Location: Thatcham, Berkshire||Salary: £20000 - £25000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Utilities & Infrastructure, Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
Highways Maintenance Operative
£10 - £12ph
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to work with a leading contractor within the highways industry. If you are looking for a position that offers lots of progression and opportunity, this is the one for you!
The successful highway's maintenance operative will carry out a variety of works including, kerb laying, drainage works, emergency call-out work and tarmacking.
Key requirements for the Highway's Maintenance Operative:
- Assisting with kerb laying (precast concrete).
- Assisting with laying concrete road channels.
- Assisting with the excavation and laying of granite kerbs or granite setts.
- Operation of mechanical plant.
- Laying tarmac and flexible surfacing (raking/sweeping).
- Pothole repairs.
- Laying concrete.
- Relaying of flags, blocks and cobbles.
- To ensure the team works in a safe and effective manner to achieve optimum output and to the required quality.
Skills and Experience needed for the Highways Maintenance Operative:
- Previous highways maintenance experience
- Winter Maintenance experience
- Ability to use initiative
- Good standard of English
- HGV desirable
- Out of hours working will be required.
- Ability to work in a gang and use IT equipment to record work as well as a range of skills in using small plant and other equipment.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.