|Location: Fort Augustus, Highlands||Salary: £18000 - £24000 per annum + Company vehicle|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Liz Collins|
Highways Repair Technician
Western Scottish Highlands and North East Coast of Scotland
A skilled Highways Repair Technician is needed to join a team responsible for identifying and recording road asset defects, and design the necessary repairs.
Due to extended contracts, this service provider is keen to take on a number of Highways Repair Technicians to join a team of highly skilled, and dedicated professionals delivering a first-rate service to clients carrying out infrastructure maintenance activities throughout Scotland & The Highlands.
Paying a basic salary from £18,000 up to £24,000 (DoE).
A company vehicle is provided (for Business use only).
The main duties of the Highways Repair Technician will include:
- Undertaking weekly inspections, weekly patrols and ad hoc inspections on the road network to identify defects. This could be carriageways, bridges, road lighting, safety barriers and footway inspections.
- Accurately recording of defects and liaising with Design Manager, Planned Maintenance Manager, Scheme Delivery Manager and Operations Manager to determine schedule of works.
- Design of operations in accordance with the requirements to repair Category 1 and Category 2 defects.
- Preparation of Operations Instructions for Operations Team and Supply Chain partners to facilitate the repair of defects.
- Ensure that Health and Safety at Work requirements and CDM 2015 Regulations are complied with.
- Liaison with members of the public as required.
To be the successful Highways Repair Technician you will need to have the following:
- An appropriate academic qualification in civil engineering would be desirable, but proven ability as a Highways Repair Technician identifying Category 1 and 2 defects as part of the management and maintenance operations team, advantageous.
- Experience of working in a similar highways, roads and bridges environment, liaising with Statutory Authorities, Councillors, Business Associations and members of the public.
- Good knowledge of DMRB, including structural maintenance of roads and bridges, road improvements, carriageway and cycleway defect repairs
- Full UK driving licence
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Highways Repair Technician to join a successful and rapidly expanding business, with a breadth of experience and operational capability in the maintenance, transportation and civil engineering sectors. If you are interested in this permanent career opportunity, applications are being taken immediately, so don't delay. Apply today.