|Location: Harrow, Middlesex||Salary: £29000 - £34000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Reactive Works Supervisor
Our client is looking to recruit a Highways Supervisor who will be responsible for day-to-day management and delivery of reactive maintenance works and the implementation and monitoring of health, safety, quality and performance in accordance within the client and Contract requirements. The successful Highways Supervisor will also be involved in the coordination of Winter Maintenance works, assisting with the programming/scheduling of works and the effective utilisation of resources to meet KPI requirements.
Responsibilities of a Highways Supervisor:
- General site supervision, including completion of records as required, this includes the day to day organising of labour
- Ensuring full site SHE compliance and that all personnel adhere to safe working practices
- Organising plant and calling off materials
- Organising competent labour for the work
- All Health and Safety issues on site, completion of paperwork for records
- Corresponding with Client/Consultant/The Public and other colleagues to monitor progress and inform of problems
- Assist with estimates as required
- To ensure all works comply with relevant environmental legislation and that recycling takes place whenever possible
- Participate in Emergency and Winter Maintenance duties within working hours and outside working hours.
- Assisting, ensuring full compliance is met with the O License
- Driving productivity improvements
- Management of workforce and Supply Chain Partners
- Stock control
- Assist with depot management
- Assist with programming/scheduling of work
- Supervising of minor schemes/planned work and providing reasonable Supervisory cover as and when required.
- Any other suitable duty requested of you.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Preferable to have a certificate in Site Safety Management (attended 5 day course)
- Preferable to hold a valid Supervisors NRSWA card
- Experience in Highways Maintenance at a supervisory level
- Commercial awareness
- Full UK driving license
- Have reasonable written and numerical skills
- IT skills
- To be a good communicator and to be able to pass on skills
- To be a good self-organiser and organiser of others
- To be assertive, diplomatic and patient
- Self motivating and a good motivator of the labour force
- Generally to be willing, helpful, enthusiastic and flexible
If you are interested please get in touch ASAP as they are keen to get people started ASAP.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.