|Location: Wokingham, Berkshire||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Highways & Highways Electricals, Rail & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ashleigh Hicks||Job Published: 12 days ago|
Permanent or contract or temp to perm
£30,000 - £35,000
Fantastic opportunity to work for a leading contractor within the highways, rail, construction and electrical industry.
Services include; highways term maintenance, street lighting and electrical services, surfacing, traffic management and public realm infrastructure projects.
The Supervisor shall manage the day to day operations for all Reactive and Planned Service activities. They shall provide operational support to the Operations Manager and other Supervisors in delivering all routine, reactive, planned and cyclical works for the Wokingham Borough Contract, ensuring that targets of all operational services Performance Indicators are met.
Key Duties for the Highway Supervisor
* Day to day interaction with Client teams
* On site responsibility for management of Health and Safety matters including communication of Health and Safety alerts, toolbox talks, method statement briefings, daily activity briefings and other initiatives
* Assisting with development /updating and communication of suitable and sufficient risk assessments and method statements for all works
* Ensure all works have permit boards on display in accordance with the NRSWA and Client Requirements
* Ensuring adequate welfare provisions are on site at commencement of works
* Ensuring that all safety documentation is present on site at commencement of works
* Assess competency and performance of operational staff be it directly employed or Sub Contract.
* Report Health and Safety incidents to the HSEQ team and participation in investigations
* Ensure compliance with VH HSEQ Quality Management Systems Ensure all necessary daily/weekly operational records are produced
* Undertaking Health & Safety Site Inspections and recording in Workspace. Closing out of actions resulting from Safety Inspections by others
* Representation of VH at meetings with the client and other stakeholder organisations.
* Ensure that Task Orders are completed safely
Key skills and experience:
* Experience in delivering cyclic, routine, planned and reactive works
* Experience in tactical management of incidents Experienced in working to challenging performance measures
* Excellent leadership and communication skills
* Performance driven to ensure contractual and internal KPIs are adhered to and a culture of continuous improvement is encouraged
* Commercially competent so that we meet our forecasted budgets and contractual risks are managed and escalated where appropriate
* Minimum of Gold Card CSCS and SSSTS qualification
* Full Driving licence IT competency and familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft word, Maximo, HIMS
* Time management and prioritisation of work for self and team against changing demands of network needs.
* Good communication skills (written and verbal).
* Able to communicate clearly and appropriately within the company and represent the company.
* People skills to be able to motivate staff and handle basic staffing issues (personnel and training and discipline
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.