|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
Quality Inspector required to join a globally established Aerospace and Defence company in the Gloucestershire. The Quality Inspector will be inspecting and verifying new build products & repairs to ATP documentation in accordance with the individuals scope of approval. Ensuring both product & documentation packs are correct & IAW individual customers requirements.
The Quality Inspector will sit within the Operations Team.
On offer for the Quality Inspector is a competitive package including basic salary, performance bonus, career progression, 25 days holiday and many more.
Key Responsibilities of the Quality Inspector
- To inspect & verify new build products to the released ATP documentation.
- To inspect & verify repaired products to the released ATP documentation.
- To create individual "work packs" to customer requirements.
- To carry out FAI measurements of completed products & FAIR's using Visual FAIR as required
- To carry out FAI measurements & verification of supplier FAIR's using Visual FAIR as required
- Carry out dimensional checks using various measuring tools including CMM
- Manage non-conforming parts IAW the company processes & procedures
- Identify problems/issues and recommend solutions to prevent recurrence
- Review your job progress on an annual basis with the objective of achieving continuous improvement. You will need to adhere and contribute to the advancement of the Company Mission.
- Maintain awareness and attend training courses as applicable for the purpose of the Company and self-development
- Adhere at all times to Company Procedure
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested
Background and experience required
- Full understanding of the expectations and requirements of your primary customer
- To work with fellow team members in a respectful and courteous manner
- Evidence of an eye test within the last 2 years and appropriate actions taken where required
- A full understanding of the responsibility that comes from being an certified inspection stamp holder
- Thorough knowledge of continuous improvement methods, in particular 'lean' and use this understanding to question and where necessary challenge constructively any operation or instruction believed not to be the most effective option for the Company or its customers
- 3 years' experience within an aerospace / defence environment and/or a formal engineering qualification (NVQ/C&G/ONC etc.)
- Already have, or willing to undergo BPSS security checks
- Perfect colour vision - actual importance dependent upon specific role
- Previous experience in an Aerospace or defence manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of concession processes, MRB processes and ECR processes
**SC clearance is required for this role**