|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Quality Inspector needed for a leading engineering and electronics organisation based in Cheltenham who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Quality Inspector that takes pride in their work.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant formal qualification in engineering, and have a keen interest in maintaining quality standards and inspection. If you have experience from an aerospace or defence environment that would be a plus!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Quality Inspector will include:
- To inspect & verify new build products to the released ATP documentation.
- To inspect & verify repaired products to the released ATP documentation.
- To create individual "work packs" to customer requirements.
- To carry out FAI measurements of completed products & FAIR's using Visual FAIR as required
- To carry out FAI measurements & verification of supplier FAIR's using Visual FAIR as required
- Carry out dimensional checks using various measuring tools including CMM
- Manage non-conforming parts IAW the company processes & procedures
- Identify problems/issues and recommend solutions to prevent recurrence
- Review your job progress on an annual basis with the objective of achieving continuous improvement. You will need to adhere and contribute to the advancement of the Company Mission.
- Maintain awareness and attend training courses as applicable for the purpose of the Company and self-development
- Adhere at all times to Company Procedure
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested
What experience you need to be the successful Quality Inspector:
- Full understanding of the expectations and requirements of your primary customer
- To work with fellow team members in a respectful and courteous manner
- Evidence of an eye test within the last 2 years and appropriate actions taken where required
- Thorough knowledge of continuous improvement methods, in particular 'lean' and use this understanding to question and where necessary challenge constructively any operation or instruction believed not to be the most effective option for the Company or its customers
- 3 years' experience within an aerospace / defence environment and/or a formal engineering qualification (NVQ/C&G/ONC etc.)
- Already have, or willing to undergo BPSS security checks
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Inspector to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply for this role, applicants must be eligible to undergo and obtain a high level of UK Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.