|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Corporate & Professional Services||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Aaron Stone||Job Published: 24 days ago|
Term: 12 months
Currently looking for a HR Advisor to join a leading developer of mission and safety critical equipment in the aerospace and defence industries, based in Cheltenham.
The role is for a fixed term contract of 12 months.
All candidates must be eligible for security clearance.
To provide professional, effective and compliant HR advice and an efficient HR service for line managers and employees.
Some of the main duties of the HR Advisor will include:
- Provide advice, coaching and support to managers and employees including providing recommendations on a wide range of employment related issues, e.g. employee health, grievance, conduct and capability, organizational change and employee and employment relations matters, ensuring the implementation of policy, legislation and good practice.
- Prepare ad hoc and regular management reports supporting in improvement of management and monitoring performance management and sickness absence systems.
- Prepare and deliver appropriate contractual documents regarding terminations, appointments and employment variations as well as ensuring associated documentation/procedures are completed prior to commencement of employment, e.g. BPSS checks in conjunction with the relevant HR team member.
- Advise managers on selection and recruitment issues, including creation of job descriptions, providing advice on the appropriate selection process(es), McQuaig interpretation and be fully involved in the interview and selection process. Ensure the process is efficient and cost effective, utilizing a variety of resourcing tools including CareerBuilder, recruitment agencies, among others.
- Undertake new starter induction meetings and ensure that Managers follow the Probation Period Review progress.
- Provide generalist HR advice to line managers to ensure that we maintain compliance with employment legislation and maintain a positive employee relations climate.
- Advise managers on appropriate employee development actions identified in PDR process are carried out and recorded.
- Provide effective support to annual pay review and other reward processes including flexible benefits programme and monthly payroll.
- Effective use of the HRIS to provide accurate and timely HR information on a regular and ad hoc basis as required by the business.
- Provide recommendations to HR Director on continuous improvement initiatives ensuring that we continue to offer a HR service aligned to the business.
- Provide support to the ongoing projects and other activities as required.
Skills and qualifications as HR Advisor:
- CIPD Level 5 qualified
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships with managers and employees at all levels.
- Excellent working knowledge across all areas of HR, i.e. employment law, recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, policies and procedures, development.
- Extensive experience in using HR Information Systems
- Good PC skills including use of spreadsheets
- Good analytical skills
- Experience in working with an engineering/scientific or other technical population is desirable
- Working in a SME environment is desirable
- Flexible approach to meet the changing demands of the business.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply now!