|Location: Kings Hill, Kent||Salary: £18000 - £25000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Emma Puddick||Job Published: 12 days ago|
Job Title: HR & Training Coordinator - Interim
Team: HR & Training
Location: Kings Hill
Duration: Fixed Term 37.5 hours per week, 7.5 hours a day
Salary: £18k - £25k per anum
HR & Training Coordinator Job Summary:
- The provision of professional training support services to ensure statutory and core training is delivered to support the training plan. (Approx. 70% time)
- The provision of professional generalist HR support on various matters as determined by the HR Manager. (Approx. 30%)
- To contribute to the continuous improvement and development of client's HR & Training policies, procedures and working practices.
- Ensuring client and parent company polices/procedure/objectives in relation to H&S, Training and development, are implemented and monitored for compliance.
- Provide a professional service to managers through active involvement & the provision of best practice advice/guidance on training.
- Develop and build good working relationships with internal customers and external training providers.
- Attend regular meetings with Managers to discuss training requirements.
- Liaise regularly with managers regarding the arrangement of courses, venues, accommodation and process paperwork.
- Ensure all identified and authorised training is planned, delivered, evaluated and recorded effectively.
- Ensure record keeping complies with legislation and associated systems are also kept accurate i.e. Mosaic.
- Produce timely written data for monthly reports to incorporate all relevant training information, actions, KPI's, progress against action plans/budget etc.
- Regularly review central, area training plans and associated budgets to ensure compliance, control and continuous improvement of the function.
- Analyse training requirements from PDR's, with departmental managers and produce training/ development action plans.
- Keep accurate information for Colas employees, to complete within agreed timescales annual claims for annual CITB levy.
- Ensure all mandatory training is refreshed appropriately (incl. CSCS cards).
- Ensure that training records are complete and easily accessible and that training is sourced and completed according to requirement.
- To take ownership of processes ensuring a timely and efficient service is provided to the business in line with the HR & Training strategy.
- To manage as part of a team the administration of all transactional HR processes relating to recruitment, new starters, leavers and changing terms & conditions and monitor the process through to parent company offers.
- Produce ad-hoc reports to assist with the control of sickness absence and maternity, paternity & parental leave, starters and leavers.
- Answer basic HR queries.
- Any other tasks commensurate with the role.
Essentials for the HR & Training Coordinator:
- Educated to GCSE level with grades A- C (or equivalent - including Maths and English).
- Excellent PC skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes, specifically using Excel.
- A professional manner with strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication.
- Adaptable and flexible in terms of changing work commitments and site location.
- Good knowledge of continuous improvement techniques, HR and Training practices and procedures.
- Has previous experience in construction and highways environment.
- Familiar with LANTRA, NPORS, CPCS, ALLMI, City & Guilds & ASLEC standards.
- Excellent organisational/ time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and understanding the need for confidentiality.
- Able to prioritise actions and work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Hardworking, self-motivated and confident.
Desirables for the HR & Training Coordinator:
- Part CIPD Qualification or prepared to or are working towards one.
- Relevant business or training qualification.
- Driving licence as the role may involve travel within the network.
- Understanding of training provider requirements in relation to site rules and practices when working on company premises.
- Worked as part of a HR & Training team and has a good level of generalist experience.
If you're interested or know anyone who is interested please get in touch as they are looking to get you started ASAP.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.