|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Corporate & Professional Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sian Driscoll|
HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner needed for an exciting opportunity for a globally recognised security and aerospace company based in Bedford.
Some of the main duties for the HR Business Partner will include:
Resourcing, Onboarding & Attrition
- Oversee the line managers requirements to ensure recruitment is progressed against our recruitment approval framework and recruitment process.
- Working with line managers to formulate full job specifications, understanding the required skills and experience to then convey sufficiently to recruitment agencies.
- Update and maintain the talent pool records, working closely with CAeS selected recruitment agencies on market and industry updates and provide support to our Leadership Team on resource demands.
- Effectively manage the recruitment process end-to-end, retaining consistent notes within interviews and tests remain appropriate and fair.
- Ensure successful offers of employment are promptly followed up with a contract of employment, offer letter and relevant employment documentations.
- Manage the induction, buddy and probation procedure, making sure effective reviews happen in the agreed timeframes and documentation remains up to date and accurate.
- Manage our outsourcing inductions capturing all key business requirements for the safety, welfare and duty of care whilst they work on-behalf of CAeS. Work closely with clients for International placements.
- Work with other cross-functional team members to ensure a joined-up employment service is delivered with clear accountability and exceptional customer service throughout the on-boarding experience.
- Support line managers through coaching to ensure new recruits are developing and performing effectively in their role
- Work collaboratively and proactively with colleagues to identify and improve the customer and employee experience. Ensure engagement with customers and stakeholders is positive and delivers the best People solution.
- Manage the leaver & retirement process and supporting documentation.
- Ensure our Employer Value Proposition (EVP) remains accurate and reflective to the market and industry needs. Advice the Head of People & Shared Service with any recommendations for improvement
- Continuously observe the effectiveness of our resourcing, onboarding and attrition processes. Make recommendations for improvement to the Head of People & Shared Services.
- Serving as an escalation point for complex issues and provide case management on a broad spectrum of ER activities including (but not limited to) grievances, redundancies, disciplinaries and TUPE transfers.
- Manage the lifecycle practices within employment including (but not limited to) maternity, paternity, adoption, compassionate leave.
- Conducting independent investigations, acting as the HR representative at hearings, producing or reviewing high quality investigation reports and preparing outcome letters.
- Carrying out group and individual consultations. Managing all ER pre-conciliation work, the initial preparation and drafting of documentation.
- Supporting with the outcome of organisation design decisions across restructuring, redundancies or TUPE transfers. Support this process from start to finish with line managers and ensure best practice is applied at all times.
- Coach and train line managers in dealing with ER issues. Supporting with the upskilling of existing staff on ER queries, policy advice and our code of ethics.
- Ensuring HR policies and procedures are up to date and in line with legislation. Make recommendations to the Head of People & Shared Services as to policy and employee contract changes in line with UK law, current cases and relevant outcomes.
- Responsible for the upkeep and distribution of our Employee Handbook, making sure all terminology is clear, relevant and simplistic to read.
- Supports and manages the end to end process for high level/sensitive terminations/exits, including drafting settlement agreements, liaising with external solicitors &/or ACAS etc.
- Support line managers with short and long-term absence, holiday and TOIL management. Carry out agreed timely trend analyse and provide a report to the Head of People and Shared Services with the findings.
- Attend and act as an active member of the Cranfield University HR Policy Working Group as our subject matter expert. Update the Head of People & Shared Services with the Working Group discussions and agreements.
- Responsible in producing the People Management Report for the Board on a quarterly basis.
- Manage the retention of accurate, up to date and full employee records within our HR IT management system.
What you need to be the successful HR Business Partner:
- Ability to work with highly complex ER issues
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Able to identify and quantify risks and advise the business accordingly
- Ability to constructively challenge senior stakeholders where necessary
- The resilience to be able to deal with often challenging or sensitive situations
- Experience of managing formal internal disputes (from investigation stage; to hearing stage; to outcome)
- Strong and up to date knowledge of Employment Law and TUPE regulations
- Excellent writing skills to ensure robust investigation reports, outcome letters, business cases etc.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills within employee dialogues and documentation, keeping HR clear, effective and friendly
- Strong experience of drafting and negotiating settlement agreements, in relation to high level/sensitive exits
- Good situational judgement in the context of counselling and conflict resolution
- Strong business acumen and commercial understanding
- Internal and external customer focused with a strong service delivery outlook
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a HR Business Partner to progress their career.