|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + Ben's|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
ESSEX: Commutable from, Colchester, Southend, Harlow, Chelmsford, Braintree etc
Salary - £50,000 - £60,000 depending on your experience.
I have a great opportunity for an HSE Manager to join a very successful and growing Electronics Technology company based in Essex. They are a global leader in specialised components and subsystems for innovative solutions in medical, science, aerospace, defence and industrial applications.
You will need to be very organised and a good communicator as you will be responsible for the whole site's Health, Safety and Environmental procedures. This will involve liaising with department managers to make working safer for the workforce.
Some of the main duties of the HSE Manager will include:
- Advise the Head of HSE & CI on all OHSE matters including legislative changes, so that effective policies and procedures can be introduced.
- Support the Division in ensuring the OHSE Management System requirements are met and implemented, and that the business Cultural Program is established within their allocated division.
- To support all departmental managers to investigate all lost time / potential lost time accidents and ensure all appropriate remedial action is taken in a proactive timescale.
- Maintain the Corrective and Preventative Action and Accountability Process to ensure injuries, near misses and unsafe conditions are managed to reduce negative OHSE Outcomes
- Review your Divisional Accident Reports and Dangerous Occurrences and, where appropriate, assist line management to implement measures to minimise the risk of repeat occurrences.
- Co-ordinate regular OHSE Inspections and audits in line with the business KPI's, and drive/support management in rectifying any problems or shortcomings to achieve compliance scores for the period.
- Work with the Occupational Health Advisor to assist in the identification and implementation of effective ill-health prevention programs in appropriate areas.
- Work with Group OHSE to maintain and monitor accident and lost-time statistics of the Divisional area on a monthly basis to identify particular hazards and report these to the Head of HSE & CI.
- Drive the effective implementation of approved policies/procedures/actions etc within the Divisional area to ensure accreditation of the relevant company approvals.
- Support management in the effective communication of OHSE to all employees.
- To ensure sufficient and effective OHSE training of all divisional employees and deliver a training program as and when required.
- Organise and chair Divisional OHSE working group meetings at agreed intervals. Prepare agenda, record actions and owners, and allocate agreed timescales.
- Ensure the Emergency Response, Emergency Management and Business Recovery Plan is understood by the Divisional management team and designated staff and that regular drills are carried out to check the robustness of the system
- Ensure that department managers understand and implement the OHSE Management Systems and drive accountabilities, such as Risk Assessment, Corrective and Preventative Action Process
- Work with the Head of HSE & CI to drive OHSE Accountability across your division
- To lead by example and demonstrate a positive attitude towards the business cultural programme
In order to be the successful HSE Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Minimum 5 years working in a Health and Safety Advisor (or similar) role.
- Effective people management skills.
- Effective time management, organisational and influencing skills.
- Highly motivated and proactive individual.
- Experience of the SHELT cultural programme.
- Experience/knowledge of operating SAP database.
- Experience using a large database.
- Minimum A Level, preferably degree level or equivalent
- HSE Diploma or equivalent
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an HSE Manager to join a forward thinking organisation that is making all the right changes for the future. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!