|Location: Hayes, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sean Tierney||Job Published: 14 days ago|
A great opportuntiy for a leading company in the manufacture of Transport Infrastructure.
The company is looking to recruit a HSQE Manager to manage the Groups Health & Safety and Environmental and Quality activities ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation, upholding the company's various accreditations, ISO 9001,14001 and 18001, whilst promoting and supporting continuous improvement and best practice across the Group of Companies.
- Provide Health and Safety Advice and Training specific to the business needs continuously advising on safe systems of work.
- To ensure that the Company is proactive, up to date and complies with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation.
- Develop Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality strategies and to maintain Company Policies and Procedures.
- To carry out internal audits of the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality processes measuring performance.
- To carry out internal and external site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented and adhered to.
- To carry out risk assessments ensuring that all documentation and method statements are up to date.
- To develop and maintain quality management systems in compliance with ISO 9001.
- Increase Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality awareness to Managers and employees with training techniques and coaching sessions including toolbox talks and Health, Safety and Environmental inductions.
- To manage reporting and investigation procedures for accidents/ incidents to establish the root causes and preventative measures required as well as producing statistics.
- To communicate various findings and to assist in the development of localised improvement plans.
- Ensuring Managers are focused on delivering a safe working environment providing the necessary management support and technical advice as required.
- Represent and promote the organisation's safety performance to third parties (e.g. clients and the Health and Safety Executive).
- Support the organisational processes and cultures so that Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality issues are not a disqualifying function in the pursuit of business opportunities and improvements are driven into all the products and services that they deliver by every member of the team.
- To complete weekly/ monthly management reports for submission to the Board.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Substantial experience in a similar role/ construction environment is essential
- Good management skills are essential
- Must hold a recognised Health & Safety qualification, NEBOSH or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of HSQE systems and processes.
- Previous experience of conducting internal audits.
- Experience in a similar role/ construction environment is essential
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient on a variety of computer systems including Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal English
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.