|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £30000 - £34000 per annum + Excellent Benefits Package|
|Sector: Human Factors||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Human Factors Engineer.
£30,000 - £32,000
Portsmouth / Waterlooville / Chichester commutable
This Human Factors Engineer vacancy will suit somebody with around 1-3 years of working experience in the area of Human Factors. You will be working in a Systems Engineering Environment.
We are Looking for someone that has a degree in either Ergonomics, Human Factors or Human Computer Interaction (HCI) and this background couldbe gained in any industry sector, our client is not tied to Defence experience only.
The role will include:
Apply human performance principles, methodologies and technologies to the design of human-machine systems, products and workstations.
Propose, evaluate and refine own HMI designs
Develop and implement research methodologies and statistical analysis plans to design prototypesInterfaces with other engineering disciplines to ensure human factors principles are adopted throughout design, and human-machine interfaces are optimal
Interface with other engineering disciplines to ensure Human Factors principles are adopted throughout design, and human-machine interfaces are optimal.
Derive human-system design, operational and training requirements.
Identify and analyse technical problems or risks, performing theoretical or practical human factors investigations to mitigate or bring to closure
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Experience in user interface design, information architecture, usability testing, ergonomics assessment, human factors methodologies, within a consultative, engineering or defence environment.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of both hardware and the software development lifecycle
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Capable of developing and communication a vision for assigned elements of work
- Member of the Ergonomics Society (working towards Registered Membership)
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Analytical: ability to analyse technical problems and provide solutions.
- Communication: ability to produce and present convincing presentations, design documents and proposal to Customer and Supplier.
- Interpersonal: ability to work with and lead a team of people, good listening and debating skills.
- Technical innovation: ability to achieve solutions innovatively.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.