|Location: Ampthill, Bedfordshire||Salary: £50000 - £66000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Human Factors||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Human Factors Design Engineer
Bedfordshire / Stevenage / Bedford / Milton Keynes commutable
£50k-£65k + Excellent Benefits and a great flexible work pattern.
We are recruiting for a Human Factors Engineer to work in a rapidly changing, dynamic part of our clients team providing HF expertise for both UK and international customers. The group consists of three business areas focusing on Military Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers.
We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Right now our client is embarking on an exciting and growing range of long term National and International programmes and opportunities.
This role require high calibre and proven individuals with focused skills and experience in order to design, integrate and deliver real systems. The successful applicant will operate at the core of this expanding team driving technical direction and also developing junior staff. This is a challenging senior role requiring a talented individual who will be correspondingly rewarded.
The successful candidate will have experience in graphical user interface design, human computer interaction, and design of safety critical systems.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
The successful candidate will have demonstrable knowledge and experience of:
- Graphical User Interface and Human Computer Interaction design and evaluation.
- Providing HF input to design of safety critical systems.
- User centred design processes.
- Management of HF issues and risks.
- Undertaking HF analyses, such as task analysis, error analysis, work-load assessment.
- Undertaking user trials and gathering user feedback.
- Analysing trial data and user feedback.
- Writing HF design documents, including HFIP, style guide and analysis reports.
- Working within the relevant Defence Standards.
- Communicate effectively with those outside the HF domain, including users and customers.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Direct own tasks within overall project direction.
- Be an advocate for HF within the engineering process.
- Use user feedback and trials evidence to contribute to design development.
- Develop solutions to address HF design issues.
- Balance needs of the user within the design constraints.
- Record and track HF contribution to the design process.
- Present data clearly and concisely in technical reports.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Undertaking role of HF Lead for design of safety critical systems.
- Use of CAD software including human modelling tools, such as JACK
- Use of HCI design software, such as Axure
- Providing human factors input to the design of training systems.
- Providing human factors advice to in-service systems.
- Undertaking quantitative human error analysis.
- Using Defence Standard 00-251 , Military Standard 1472G, and relevant ISO standards.
- Applying UX methodologies, such as personas, task journeys, and rapid prototyping.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.