|Location: Whitehaven, Cumbria||Salary: + Benefits|
|Sector: Human Factors||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Human Factors Engineer.
Cumbria or Warrington.
Salary dependent on experience (competitive)
We are recruiting for a specialist to join the Human Factors area of our clients Safety Engineering team. Ideally you will be degree qualified (or have proven Human Factors experience) and can display relevent experience in a related safety critical field.
This role will require you to lead on Human Factors items into allocated projects, delivering HF tasks and developing strong relationships.
The successful candidate will be asked to undertake a variety of tasks that will ensure that Human Factors is fully integrated into the lifecycle of projects. This will include, scoping the work to be carried out, support the development of design activities to ensure the appropriate consideration has been given to Human Factors and good practice is being followed.
You will work with Safety Assessors to ensure the safety cases they create pay due consideration to the Human Factors limitations and requirements
Background and skills:
- A Degree in a relevant discipline (preferably Human Factors, Psychology or Ergonomics) or proven equivalent industry experience
- An interest in working in complex operational environments
- A flexible approach
- An ability to interact well with diferent groups of colleagues
- Works well in a team
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- A willingness to explore innovative solutions to challenging Human Factors problems
- Lead the Human Factors input on allocated projects
- Deliver tasks to meet time, cost, quality and service requirements
- Apply and improve Human Factors methods and processes
- Maintain a desire to learn and keep up to date with developments in Human Factors
- Advise on Human Factors practices
- Represent Human Factors in meetings
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.