|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: Benefits|
|Sector: Human Factors||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Human Factors Engineer
Portsmouth / Chichester / Waterlooville commutable
We are looking for a Human Factors Engineer that can understand the Human Factors engineering requirements with responsibility for the evaluation of system requirements and design of equipment and systems supplied to a selection of defence industrry programmes.
This role will include the following duties:
- Applies human performance principles, methodologies and technologies to the design of human-machine systems, products and workstationsProposes
- Proposes, evaluates and refines own HMI designsDevelops and implements research methodologies and statistical analysis plans to design prototypes
- Develops and implements research methodologies and statistical analysis plans to design prototypes
- Interfaces with other engineering disciplines to ensure human factors principles are adopted throughout design, and human-machine interfaces are optimal
- Derives human-system design, operational and training requirements
- Identifies and analyses technical problems or risks, performing theoretical or practical human factors investigations to mitigate or bring to closure
- Develops evaluation and test plans, and drives their implementation
- Supports system engineering tasks e.g requirements analysis, decomposition and sell-off
- Plans and manages assigned work, reporting status to the Human Factors Lead
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Experience in user interface design, information architecture, usability testing, ergonomics assessment, human factors methodologies, within a consultative, engineering or defence environment.
Fully conversant with the following specifications:-
DEF-STAN 00-251 and Technical Guides
Experience with the following specifications is desirable, but not essential:-
IMO Regulations IEC 60945 and 62388)
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of both hardware and the software development lifecycle
- Has the intellectual calibre and confidence to conduct complex discussions with civilian and service customers or suppliers
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Capable of developing and communication a vision for assigned elements of work
- Member of the Ergonomics Society (working towards Registered Membership)
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to analyse technical problems and provide solutions.
- Negotiation: ability to resolve Customer issues in an effective productive manner.
- Ability to produce and present convincing presentations, design documents and proposal to Customer and Supplier.
- Ability to make rapid decisions.
- Ability to work with and lead a team of people, good listening and debating skills.
Clearance Required for Role: SC
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.