|Location: Crawley||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: Human Factors||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Human Factors Usability Engineer.
Crawley / Redhill / Horsham / Dorking / Leatrherhead / Croydon / Sutton commutable.
£45,000 - £55,000 + Excellent Benefits package.
This opportunity for a Human Factors Usability Engineer is with a leading innovator of equipment and software used to improve, prolong and save the lives of people. Their advanced, effective solutions are created in collaboration with customers, hospitals worldwide rely on their technology.
As a Human Factors Usability Engineer you will play a key role in the design, development, user testing, documentation, and launch of multiple products.
You will lead the Human Factors & Usability Engineering activities for software and hardware development programs. You will assist Senior Management in identifying usability-related organizational needs and in establishing the internal capabilities and external relationships needed to ensure the company delivers products that are safe & effective, easy to use and resilient to user error.
- 3-5 years experience in Human Factors / Usability engineering and/or product design, development, or testing.
- Degree in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI, industrial engineering or a related discipline.
Role and Responsibilities
- Apply Human Factors expertise to support new product development
- Complete usability engineering activities and deliverables:
- Collaborate in research to identify intended users and use environments
- Use task analysis methods to identify potential use-related hazards
- Determine product use cases and identify critical user tasks
- Collaborate with others to document use specifications and error analyses.
- Create and maintain usability risk analyses
- Create and maintain usability engineering files.
- Design and execute usability (human factors) studies at various stages of product development from early prototypes through formal FDA-mandated validation.
- Communicate findings and make clear, relevant recommendations to internal and external stakeholders at all organizational levels
- Keep abreast of regulations and best practices for safety critical human factors and medical devices in particular (e.g. IEC 62366, AAMI HE75).
- Collaborate closely with design teams to influence product definition, design and execution.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.