|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £50 - £65 per hour|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: William Hammond||Job Published: 27 days ago|
High Voltage Electronics Engineer
RF High Voltage Power Sector
Essex: Commutable from, Romford, Chelmsford, Colchester, Harlow, and Southend
Rate: £50.00 - £65.00 per hour depending on your experience.
I have a great opportunity for a High Voltage Electronic Engineer to join a very successful and growing Electronics Technology company based in Essex. My client can offer you an exciting career dealing with high voltage electronic engineering for some very unique projects that you would necessarily get to work on anywhere else.
The RF power engineering team provides engineering resources to support major product development projects, from design through to production build. This role will be part of a team of engineers responsible for the high voltage electronic design of our products in Medical, High Power Industrial Microwave and Military applications.
Some of the main duties of the High Voltage Electronic Engineer will include:
- Assist capturing requirements of high voltage assemblies and systems
- Design and develop high voltage assemblies and systems to meet those requirements
- Validate that the designs are suitable for the customer specified operating conditions and any regulatory compliance
- Provide expertise to help ensure product is designed for manufacture.
- Organises, populates and controls the development data packs; collating drawings, work instructions, development bills of material, build standards and manufacturing data in compliance with company procedures in preparation for subsequent transfer to production.
- Development of appropriate test hardware and procedures, both informal and formal (subsystem qualification test level), to rigorously prove the correct operation of hardware prior to system integration
In order to be the successful High Voltage Electronic Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience with design of high voltage power electronics
- Experience of test and commissioning high voltage systems and use of electrical, electronic and microwave test and measurement equipment
- Knowledge of industry standard schematic capture and electronic simulation tools
- Knowledge of HV PCB design techniques using CADSTAR software
- Experienced in designing products to operate within a high noise environment.
- Knowledge of industrial compliance requirements including legislative, EMC/EMI & environmental testing. An understanding of EN61010 and Medical device standards would be desirable.
- Knowledge of magnetron and TWT operation
- Understanding of electrical, ionising and non-ionising radiation safety requirements
- RF testing experience
- Knowledge of design fundamentals and tools, mechanical construction and assembly
- SC level security clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a High Voltage Electronic Engineer to join a forward-thinking organisation that is making all the right changes for the future. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!