|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + Ben's|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
High Voltage Electronics Engineer
RF High Voltage Power Sector
Essex: commutable from, South End, Basildon, Romford, Colchester, Chelmsford etc
I have a great opportunity for a High Voltage Electronics Engineer to join a very successful and growing Electronics Technology company based in Essex. My client can offer you unlimited career progression. They are working on some very exciting projects that you will never get to work on anywhere else. If you want to make a difference and work on something unique then this is the role for you!
In this key role you will champion the product range within the company and your performance is fundamental to the growth of the RF Division with direct impact on profitability, revenue and reputation.
Some of the main duties of the High Voltage Electronics Engineer will include:
* Assist capturing requirements of high voltage assemblies and systems
* Design and develop high voltage assemblies and systems to meet those requirements
* Validate that the designs are suitable for the customer specificed operating conditions and any regulatory compliance
* Provide expertise to help ensure product is designed for manufacture.
* Organises, populates and controls the development data packs; collating drawings, work instructions, development bills of material, build standards and manufacturing data in compliance with company procedures in preparation for subsequent transfer to production.
* Development of appropriate test hardware and procedures, both informal and formal (subsystem qualification test level), to rigorously prove the correct operation of hardware prior to system integration
In order to be the successful High Voltage Electronics Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Experience with design of high voltage power electronics
* Experience of test and commissioning high voltage systems and use of electrical, electronic and microwave test and measurement equipment
* Knowledge of industry standard schematic capture and electronic simulation tools
* Knowledge of HV PCB design techniques using CADSTAR software
* Experienced in designing products to operate within a high noise environment.
* Knowledge of industrial compliance requirements including legislative, EMC/EMI & environmental testing. An understanding of EN61010 and Medical device standards would be desirable.
The following skills/experience are desirable:
* Knowledge of magnetron and TWT operation
* Understanding of electrical, ionising and non-ionising radiation safety requirements
* RF testing experience
* Knowledge of design fundamentals and tools, mechanical construction and assembly
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a High Voltage Electronics Engineer to join a forward thinking organisation that is making all the right changes for the future. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!