|Location: Enfield, London||Salary: £22000 - £27000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Highways & Highways Electricals||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ashleigh Hicks||Job Published: 23 days ago|
ICP Civils Operative
Salary negotiable plus excellent benefit package
Based in Brimsdown
Key Responsibilities for the ICP Operative:
* Responsibility for Health and Safety ensuring relevant PPE is worn at all times. In line with the company's policies and procedures.
* Compliance to depot rules and regulations.
* Compliance with the HEA, NERS and Lloyds Accreditations
* Adhere to H14 working in the vicinity of underground services
* Producing defect sheets for all vehicles driven using Tablets
* Accurate reporting of driver's hours and timesheets.
* Ensuring all HSEQ forms are produced and adhered to, Site specific risk assessments, Permits etc.
* Ensure puwer/havs forms are accurately recorded each shift
* Ensuring correct traffic management is deployed to chapter 8 requirements
* Ensuring security for vehicles, tools, materials, phones and any electronic device whilst on site.
* Providing accurate details, photos of incidents/accidents attended.
* Accurate recording of defect repairs including eligible measures on photographs. using Tablets
* Monitor /record materials used and restock vans accordingly at the end of each shift
* Notify Supervisor of materials required and stock levels to ensure correct stock management.
* Enforcing Waste management procedures in line with Environmental Management Systems (EMS and segregation in line with EWA code of practice).
* Ensuring the works vehicles are parked, complying with parking restrictions safely.
* Effective Management of Small plant and tools.
* Mandatory Participation in various working groups for continued improvement and safety.
* Assisting with the excavation and Reinstatement of any surface in relation to Lighting works.
* Laying tarmac and flexible surfacing in carriageways and footways
* Laying concrete
* Laying / relaying of flags, blocks and cobbles.
* Laying of type 1 sub-base.
* The levelling of topsoil and grass seeding.
* The excavation of trial holes by hand.
* The excavation of hard materials, hand shovelling and sweeping.
* Use of cable avoidance tools when excavating
* Excavation and laying of and service ducts.
* Site Clearance.
* The removal of undergrowth and scrub by hand, sweeping and shovelling.
* To assist with the unloading/loading of materials.
* To work in a safe and effective manner to achieve optimum output and to the required quality.
* Ensure compliance with Health & Safety at Work Act at all time.
* Reporting of near misses and accidents, as soon as possible
* Taking of before and after photographs on Tablet - Forms Any other duties reasonably requested by management in connection with the business and its stakeholders and customers
Required Qualifications / Expertise
* Experience of working within DNO / Highways Excavation
* An understanding G81 requirements
* NRSWA units 1 to 15
* NVQ level civils experience paving and asphalt
* Highways maintenance experience
* Basic electrical knowledge G39
* Driving licence
* Current Abrasive wheels and manual handling
* LGV 7.5 ton @ trailer
* CPCs Digger Ticket
* Site Safety Supervisor Training
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.