|Location: Telford, Shropshire||Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
ILS Consultant needed for an Independent and forward-thinking Defence sector consultancy based in Telford who are looking to employ an experienced ILS Consultant with an in-depth knowledge of a range of their core business functions such as ILS, Risk, Safety, R&M, HFI and Supply Support.
The successful ILS Consultant will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
* 25 day's holidays
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* A variety of working environments.
* + Much more!
Some of the main duties of the ILS Consultant will include:
* Complete all tasks as determined by Domain Lead, Project Manager or the Directors, and use initiative to address any other activities that will provide benefit to the company.
* Demonstrate an outstanding ability to complete tasks efficiently and effectively, and apply excellent time management skills with the capacity to multi-task when required.
* Identify personnel and resources necessary to meet the project requirements and develop/manage cost and work breakdown structures for each project.
* Visit customers to discuss initial project development and requirements, and plan/convene meetings to satisfy project requirements and business activities. Prepare and present written/verbal reports.
* Coordinate and collate time accounting data from project team and produce/deliver project budgetary reports and returns as required.
* Be actively involved with company training activities with regard to development and delivery of courses within area of expertise, and take a proactive approach towards personal and team development, training and subsequent performance.
* Give due consideration to making recommendations to the Board in drawing up company policies and procedures.
* Independently represent the company and identify/develop commercial opportunities.
What you need to be the successful ILS Consultant:
Abilities: Prioritise own workload and commitments and those of the project/domain team as required. Maintain excellent standards in organisation and communication, and encourage similar high standards from team members, possess the skill sets and ability to mentor team members or clients as required, able to communicate effectively at all levels, able to work across functional boundaries within a multidisciplined environment, a self-motivated team leader/member with an excellent ability to work independently, with a logical and positive approach to decision making.
Previous experience: Engineering background with a significant amount of recent experience operating within the Acquisition System Guidance (ASG). Exhibit an excellent understanding of the relevant domain principles, standards and procedures, the CADMID/CADMIT cycle, the Defence Industrial Strategy (DIS) and an outstanding knowledge of the Through Life Support Strategy (TLSS). Possess Project Management (PM) qualifications or have recent PM experience. Ideally qualified in a number of specific business functions (ILS, Risk, Safety, R&M, HFI, Supply Support), with the capability of working in all the other business domains as required.
Skills: IT qualified with an excellent ability using MS Office (including an excellent working knowledge of MS Outlook) and MS Project, and ideally qualified in using some or all of the main bespoke relevant software tools (for ILS, Risk, Safety and R&M).
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an ILS Consultant to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!