|Location: Crawley, West Sussex||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits Package|
|Sector: Safety, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
ILS Engineer / Supportability Engineer.
Crawley / Gatwick / Horsham / Dorking areas
£40,000 - £50,000 Dep on experience + Excellent Benefits Package.
This fantastic companydesign solutions that enable planes to take off and land safely!
They also create in-flight entertainment systems that keep millions of passengers entertained, they also develop the avionics that control the world's largest aircrafts.
This role will be working in the Engineering Supportability Team. The Supportability Engineer will carry out traditional ILS activities and through life modelling in support of ship based equipment in-service and also platforms going into service.
Carry out traditional ILS activities for items entering service:
Maintain and update integrated support plan and associated element plans
Provide ILS / TLMP input to Service documentation
Manage ILS / TLMP function on behalf of the project
Reliability, Maintainability and Testability StudiesCalculating Mean Time Between Failures (MTBFs)
Calculating Mean Time Between Failures (MTBFs)
Logistic Support Analysis
Carrying out through life modelling activities for items in service:
- Achieved MTBF analysis - manage Data Recording Analysis and corrective Action System (DRACAS) function / analyses
- Adequacy of Stock analysis
- Re-provisioning of spares analysis
- Maintain the through life management plan (TLMP), including
- Perform Through life / whole life cost (WLC) analysis
- Integrate results of obsolescence analysis into TLMP
- Monitor and model logistic performance and incorporate into TLMP (e.g. repair times)
- Customer facing - Report and present results of ILS / TLMP / WLC analyses and modelling to the in-house project staff as well as the customer (MoD):
- Subcontractor / Supplier facing - work with sub-contract management to monitor, feedback and manage supplier performance, including ILS/TLMP input into supplier Statement of works / procurement specifications.
Skills and Experience
- Significant ILS experience including:
- Reliability, Maintainability and Testability Studies & associated Customer deliverables.
- Logistic Support Analysis
- Initial Provisioning
- NSN provision
- Availability Modelling Experience
- Life Cycle Cost / Through Life Cost / Whole Life Cost analyses
- In-service spares analysis
- Stock analyses
- In-service performance analyses
- Integration of obsolescence analysis into through life management planning
- Highly numerate and analytical / modelling skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- Management of ILS / TLMP activities
- Be conversant with Relex
- Be conversant with the DOORS requirements management tool.
- Be aware of the Raytheon 'Eagle' database
- Be aware of the Arbotext Provisioning Manager tool.
- Working knowledge of Systecon tool suite (i.e. OPUS10, Simlox and Catloc)
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.