|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £100 per annum + Rate to be discussed on application|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Jack Pleon|
ILS Engineer required to join a globally established defence / engineering company in the Havant area. This company has recently won some large projects within the Maritime industry so ideally the ILS Engineer will come from a Navy / defence related background (not essential).
Responsibilities for the ILS Engineer:
- Provide support for new Maritime programmes in support of the Chief Support Architect and Maritime ILS/CLS Lead Engineer
- Develop support solutions for Maritime programmes
- Review and manage ILS functional Requirements
- Support Logistics Modelling activities
- Lead, Manage and develop the ILS artefacts and analysis required for the NRP and NCP programmes
- Provide ILS support to Maritime proposal activities
- IETP - Support the development and maintenance of the system IETP's and the production and amendment of inputs to technical publications in support of fielded equipment.
- Training - Develop and deliver training material and guidance for Maintainers and Operators of the system.
- Engineering Support - provide support to the Chief Engineer and CLS Lead for requirements acceptance and engineering change :
- Integrated Logistic Support
- Integration and Test
- Systems Engineering
- All work to be carried out in accordance with Environment, Safety and Health (ESH) regulations.
- Carry out any reasonable activities as requested in support of the Maritime Support organisational objectives
- Provide Logistics Engineering support to other areas of the business as directed by management
Requirements (Skill set) for the ILS Engineer include:
- Experience in the application of ILS disciplines e.g LSA, LORA, Tech Pubs, Training PHS&T etc
- Experience in working in ILS on Studies, Statements of Work, System Requirement Specifications, System Design Documents, Interface Control Documents, Requirements Validation Matrices, Maintenance Tasks, Test Procedures and Test Reports.
- Familiar with ILS Requirements Capture and Apportionment, Prediction, Validation and Verification techniques for the ILS programme.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing Def Stan 00-60/00-600, JSP 886, DLF and its supporting Defence Standards, MIL Standards and AECMA specifications relevant to their area of ILS.
- Proven diagnostic skills and an understanding of systems engineering
Desired skill set for the ILS Engineer include:
- Fully conversant with LSA within ILS.
- In depth knowledge of RN defect reporting processes and procedures
- Formulation of plans and schedules
- Knowledge and experience of RN systems
- Have working knowledge of the RN BR structure
- Be fully conversant with a specialist area within ILS.
The ILS Engineer will need to be eligible for SC clearance (Security clearance)
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.