|Location: Buckinghamshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 12 days ago|
ILS Manager needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Buckinghamshire who are looking to employ an experienced ILS Team Lead with practitioner level experience across most ILS disciplines, previous experience in managing the creation of Technical Publications, proven experience of management as either a line manager or within a project context.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the ILS Manager will include:
- Line management responsibilities, including conducting 1-2-1s, recruitment, analysis of the forward load, and resource allocation for a small (6+ staff) team.
- Managing the ILS & Technical Publications team, its resources, knowledge, skills, processes, procedures and tools to align with the current and future needs of the business.
- Ensuring delivery of ILS & Technical Publications work packages to the required quality within the schedule and budget constraints of projects and bids
- Developing the team through best practice and engineering excellence.
- Promoting positive behaviours and a positive vision of the company to the team.
- Mentoring, performance management and discipline of the team.
- Defining the ILS Work Packages for projects and bids
- Working closely with the customer and user community to agree the support strategy for a project
- Engaging with the supply chain, with the support of Procurement, to put in place the logistic support elements necessary to support our products through life
- Defining the support solution for a project and across a product line and working with the Sales & Marketing team to maximise orders for support services, continuing our transition away from being a simple 'ad hoc spares and repairs' provider
- Supporting the capture of technology refresh programmes by making compelling spend to save cases using lifecycle cost projections
- Acting as the Project Engineering Lead and/or System Design Authority on projects where
What you need to be the successful ILS Manager:
In order to be the successful ILS Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- A relevant Bachelor's or higher degree, or equal professional experience
- Practitioner level experience across most ILS disciplines, with the ability to define and review work produced by domain specialists across the others.
- Previous experience in managing the creation of Technical Publications, preferably including experience of using a mixture of in-house and outsourced solutions.
- Proven experience of management as either a line manager or within a project context
- Demonstrable experience in communicating complicated topics, clearly and concisely, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an ILS Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applicants moving forward for the ILS Manager position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.