|Location: East London, London||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Technology, Corporate & Professional Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sian Driscoll|
In-house Legal Associate
Old Street, London
Currently looking for an In-House Legal Associate with a minimum of 2-3 years PQE to join the one of the UK's most innovative early-stage Mobility as a Service (MaaS) companies, based in Old Street London.
Purpose of the In-House Legal Associate:
Following significant uptake in demand for products and services, together with a rapidly growing team and expansion into new territories the company is now seeking to appoint its first full time lawyer to help manage a wide variety of legal matters and documents. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and supported by a top tier London based legal firm.
- Equity: Share Options after 6 months of employment
- Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays + 1 additional day per year up to 3 years
- Pension: 2% company contributory
- Perkbox & Hello Perks accounts, including significant discounts on products, experiences and things like gym membership, mobile phone insurance and half price cinema tickets
Some of the main duties for the In-house Legal Associate will include:
- Local government contracts - draft new commercial agreements for the supply of products and services to a range of government bodies and local authorities across all products groups including, Data, Analytics, Payments and Mapping.
- Technology company contracts - draft new commercial agreements for the supply of products and services to connected and autonomous vehicle manufacturers, telematics, navigation and mapping companies across all products groups and all territories.
- Supplier and partnership agreements - review terms and support the COO in negotiating the best terms possible with all suppliers.
- Support the sales team in reviewing government tender documents and making suggested improvements.
- Support the management team in negotiation of all contracts and agreements.
- Build a strong working relationship with nominated external law firm and consult on specific items using their specialist commercial, risk, tax, employment and intellectual property experts where appropriate.
- Review and manage all new employee, contractor, NDA and consultancy agreements.
- Support the COO managing legal aspects relating to employee share option agreements, employment contracts.
- Draft board and shareholder resolutions and minutes as required and manage sign off.
- Support the COO in legal matters related to operating and expanding overseas.
- Support the CEO, CFO and COO during investment activities including Series B fund-raising activities.
Intellectual Property & Data Compliance
- Manage all legal aspects of the intellectual property portfolio including trade mark registration, patent development and filing process working closely with the nominated external law firm.
- Manage and regularly review all terms and conditions in the context of GDPR and modify and maintain as appropriate.
- Manage and keep up to date all user terms and conditions across all product platforms.
Skills and qualifications as an In-house Legal Associate:
- Minimum 2-3 years PQE in a technology/data/IP-driven law firm or fast-growing SME or corporation.
- Driven to succeed and keen to be part of a team disrupting an exciting emerging market.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to drive tasks to completion.
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail.
- Very well organised and thorough.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!