|Location: Croydon, Surrey||Salary: Up to £75000 per annum|
|Sector: Financial Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Kelly Jempson|
Indirect Tax Manager, East Croydon. A well know brand who have strong growth in profits over recent years, are looking to attract an experienced Indirect Tax Manager.
This is a Lead role in tax strategy for both Direct and Indirect taxes, with support from Group Tax, and third-party advisers. Full responsibility for Indirect Tax compliance in relation to the UK and ROI businesses, including VAT returns, European Sales Lists and Intrastat submissions, ensuring that UK & Ireland VAT reporting / payment requirements are met on a timely basis.
Benefits include: - Car allowance, Pension, company bonus, life assurance, 25 days holiday and staff discount
Main duties of the Indirect Tax Manager will include:
- Identify process and system improvements, and driving process change within the business to enhance the quality of VAT / Intrastat / EC Sales reporting
- Co-ordinate quarterly meeting of the Tax Committee and manage the SAO certification process in respect of all taxes including the maintenance of tax risk registers
- Working collaboratively with Tax Authorities in relation to Indirect tax matters and dealing with enquiries and audits as they arise with support from the wider Tax team and external advisers
- Actively participate and lead in cross functional projects from a VAT / tax perspective from scoping, through to implementation, being the point of contact for queries across the business
- Facilitate the international trade compliance process including customs declaration forms and intrastate submissions
- Manage and develop a Finance & Tax Analyst
Skills and qualifications as an Indirect Tax Manager:
- Professional UK VAT qualification with 5+ years of indirect tax exposure
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and looking for creative solutions to issues
- Strong people management skills
- Retail experience preferable, either in-house or advising retail clients within a Big 4 or Mid-Tier
- Accountancy firm Hands on' approach coupled with in-depth analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills preferable
- Educated to degree or equivalent level
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Indirect Tax Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply or for more information please contact Kelly.