|Location: Fareham, Hampshire||Salary: £60000 - £80000 per annum + competitive benefits package|
|Sector: Defence, Financial Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Indirect Tax Manager
Indirect Tax Manager required to join a globally recognised defence company in the Hampshire area. The Indirect Tax Manager will manage regional tax compliance for international value added taxes (VAT) including the preparation, filing and payment of VAT returns insuring timely and accurate compliance.
The Tax team has been centralised globally and this role is part of a global team with peers based in Singapore and the US. The Indirect Tax Manager will be supporting the UK and Western Europe regions. This person will manage data input for the business and will work closely with financial services and the US Tax department, reporting in to the Director of State and Local Taxes in the Department for Income Tax.
On offer for the Indirect Tax Manager is a very competitive salary and benefits package (Further information to be disclosed over the phone).
Key responsibilities of the Indirect Tax Manager include:
- Demonstrated ability to oversee/manage the work of experienced tax professionals, potentially including third party providers
- Develop a plan and process for identifying potential exposure for VAT with continued international growth.
- Advise compliance risks, recommendations to reduce risks
- Manage and develop procedure for tax planning and audits
- Familiarity with specific business processes and systems such as SAP
- Ability to meet deadlines while providing excellent customer service to served business units
- Ability to conduct detailed tax research to provide excellent, consistent guidance to served business units
- Proficient in the use of tax research software
- Familiarity with varying tax jurisdictional requirements for VAT taxes
The required skillset for this candidate must include:
- Extensive VAT compliance experience.
- Experience with international income tax compliance.
- Effective leadership experience in overseeing and managing the work of tax professionals in both direct and indirect reporting relationships.
- Effective interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build long standing relationships
- Effective teaming and coordination with financial services organizations
- Demonstrated analytical skills to drive solutions
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience in managing and resolving VAT audits.
If the candidate has experience in the following it will be seen as a positive:
- VAT experience across multiple taxing jurisdictions.
- Experience with drafting and implementing policies and procedures for cross-border and multiple jurisdictional VAT activity
- Experience with planning to minimize VAT costs for cross-border and multiple jurisdictional VAT activity
- Experience with requesting and operating VAT suspension authorizations such as Inward Processing or Customs Warehousing
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities and to work dynamically with cross-functional teams and multiple internal clients
- Experience working directly with business clients and working with foreign tax advisors at law firms or the foreign offices of Big Four accounting firm.
- Support corporate development activities in evaluating, developing, and executing foreign acquisitions and joint ventures in a VAT-efficient manner.
- Experience in coordinating transfer pricing and BEPS compliance
The candidate must be eligible to obtain Security Clearance
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.