|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £1 - £100000 per annum + + Benefits (Salary discussed on application)|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join them at their Bedfordshire location. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs. This will be on an initial 6 month contract but the likelihood of an extension is quite high.
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
The candidate will be taking on the role of Lead Information Assurance Engineer for the Companies, supported by a small team. They will have the overall responsibility for achieving accreditation of all military products produced by the Company, mainly in the land environment.
The candidate will be required to:
- Engage with stakeholders, including the DAIS Accreditor and Security Assurance Coordinator, to ensure that the security solution is accreditable whilst imposing minimal burdens on the development programme and end users;
- Identify the security risks to information held on the systems & identify controls and mitigations to address the risks;
- Ensure that the security requirements are incorporated into the systems as part of an overall systems engineering approach, including:
- Specification of security requirements;
- Development of security architectures;
- Review of design & implementation;
- Specification of verification requirements;
- Acceptance of verification evidence;
- Provision of evidence for system level requirements.
- Specify, lead or support trials validating the security solution;
- Develop the accreditation document set to MoD standards;
- Perform, and contribute to, trade studies that impact information assurance;
- Develop programme plans and cost estimates in support of both current programmes and bids & proposals.
- Knowledge and understanding of MoD, UK Government and international security standards, policies, guidance and legislation;
- Experience of security risk assessments, risk treatment plans, and accreditation document sets (SRA/SRS/SAD and/or RMADS);
- Demonstrable knowledge of systems engineering and development practices;
- Information assurance experience across the systems engineering development lifecycle preferred;
- Understanding of security validation & verification, testing and evaluation approached preferred;
- Previous experience of accrediting products in a military environment preferred;
- CISSP or CCP (Senior SIRA or Senior Architect) preferred.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.