|Location: Dorking, Surrey||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Mark Crorkin|
Infrastructure Engineer - Dorking
You are responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of one or several of cloud/windows/Linux/networking infrastructure technologies in an enterprise environment, with responsibility for the implementation, modification, enhancement, and ongoing support of operating system, as well as the software tools required to manage the relevant infrastructure.
Candidates should possess critical technical knowledge of how business applications function in the operating environment and how they have been configured and customised to meet specific business and company objectives. They will also participate as a technical resource in medium to large-scale projects. This position frequently collaborates with other technical and business applications' personnel to acquire or provide technical direction.
Specific areas of expertise may be: operating systems, storage management, agents/instrumentation, systems management, security, network, web administration, database management, automation, and application technical stacks. Additionally, this position may require working knowledge of multiple computing platforms (including physical, virtual, and cloud.) This position works independently, though subject to the broad direction of a technical manager.
- Performs tool administrative tasks and provide application support.
- Reviews infrastructure security holes, applies patches, creates console roles and reviews, and creates and installs security packs as needed.
- Implements an enterprise monitoring environment using relevant technologies: (Alert Site / Pager Duty / Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), Azure monitoring products, Insert networking monitoring tools, etc.)
- Establishes foundation for future implementations and automation requirements in the infrastructure, identifies opportunities for automation and develops scalable solutions.
- Develops monitoring, dashboards, escalations and alerts.
- Develops and follows incident management and change management processes; creates run-books.
- Participates in on-call rotations for emergency events and escalations.
- Resolves complex system problems affecting business applications and computing services users.
- Provides on-call support.
- Develops and maintains technical drawings, operational procedures and guides, maintains hardware and software inventories.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, or equivalent relevant business experience
- Demonstrable years of related work experience
- Industry certification is a plus
- Possesses highly developed technical expertise in multiple key operating/networking system or subsystem areas
- Able to operate independently in developing and implementing the most complex technical solutions
- Where applicable, demonstrates experience supporting in-house developed business applications and working directly with application development teams
- Able to drive resolution of highly complex technical problems
- Able to effectively summarise and clearly communicate software/hardware problems involving multiple support team(s)
- Organised, able to follow through and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Systematic, technically curious, self-motivated and able to work independently without direct supervision
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced, multiple priority environment
- Able to prioritise and divide time between multiple projects
- Has excellent written and verbal communications skills; able to communicate effectively with systems associates at all levels
- Able to communicate with multiple levels of organisational leadership and deliver impactful presentations
- Able to collaborate with other IT groups for requirements on the topic of expertise
Get in touch now for a rapid response and detailed discussion
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.