|Location: Surrey, England||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Mark Crorkin|
Infrastructure Engineer - Surrey
You will be work closely with the Infrastructure Manager to ensure that best practices are implemented and used throughout the compnaies IT infrastructure.
You will serve as a source of technical assistance and will support staff across a range of different technologies and platforms including-
- Windows 10
- Desktop/Laptop software i.e. MS Office
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Windows 2016/2019
- Blade server infrastructure
- Microsoft Azure
- Windows IIS
- Microsoft SQL 2016/2019
- Systems Centre Operations Manager
- Active Directory & domain services
- Desktop/Laptop hardware
Your role as Infrstructure Engineer:
- System monitoring using SCOM and other tools
- Managing and carrying out environment checks
- Managing & deploying Patches/Updates
- Managing backups & restores
- Managing & deploying SSL certificates
- Managing & deploying anti-virus
- Desktop/Laptop support & provisioning
- Server support & provisioning
- Network/Firewall support
- Peripheral Support & Provisioning (printers, scanners etc.)
- User provisioning & Support
- Resolving support tickets/user requests
- Assist in, and/or provide training for employee and new hires in computer operations and the use of peripherals/equipment
- Keeping abreast of technical developments and emerging technologies, contributing to the
overall design and IT strategy
- Providing some out of hours support will be required in this role
- Previous experience in an Infrastructure Engineer role
- Industry recognised qualification or vocational training from a relevant provider e.g. Microsoft
- Significant previous experience in Windows desktop/laptop support (Windows 10), deploying, configuring & managing troubleshooting etc.
- Significant previous experience in desktop/laptop application support (i.e. MS Office Products), deploying, configuring, managing, troubleshooting
- Previous experience of computer (desktop/laptop) imaging, creating, modifying & deploying using WDS & MDT
- Previous experience of Microsoft Active Directory and domain services i.e. DHCP, DNS, Group Policies, and Print Servers etc.
- Previous experience of working with Microsoft SQL Server 2016/2019 basic administration tasks i.e. installation, configuration, creating maintenance plans etc.
- Previous experience of working with Microsoft Exchange 2013, 2016, 2019 i.e. creating and managing resources, basic troubleshooting etc.
- Demonstrable awareness/working knowledge of network principals i.e. TCP/IP, ports, VLAN's etc.
- Previous experience of managing firewalls, routers, switches and other network infrastructure
- Highly motivated, positive, responsible, organised, quick learner and team player
- Ability to provide some out of hours support to the Infrastructure Manager and the business
- Microsoft qualifications in relation to administration or networks (MCSE, MCSA, MCITP)
- Knowledge and/or experience of SANs (NextGen would be advantageous)
- Knowledge and/or experience of working with Watchguard Firewall products
- Knowledge and/or experience of Team Foundation Server
- Knowledge and/or experience of Microsoft System Centre Operations Manager 2016/2019
- Knowledge and/or experience of Azure
Infrastructure Engineer - Surrey
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.