|Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + excellent benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Donovan|
Infrastructure Engineer needed for a multinational financial organisation based in East Griinstead who are looking to employ an experienced Infrastructure Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of VM Ware, Windows, Linux, Storage Systems, Networking, ITIL and Windows
The successful Infrastructure Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
- 25 day's holiday
- Performance related Bonus Scheme
- 15% contributary Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Private Health Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Eye Care Voucher Scheme
Some of the main duties of the Infrastructure Engineer will include:
- Work with third parties to support the infrastructure that provides insurance application instances; including desktop, physical storage and processing capacity, virtualisation layer, operating system, database, application and client software layers as well as the extensive document printing infrastructure. Progressively optimise the infrastructure to deliver the best possible end user experience for Insurance business service users, across each delivery channel. Manage the technical integration points across the insurance delivery channels.
- Secondary responsibility for the safe operation and ongoing enhancements to the website.
- Work with vendor management to manage third party service providers, challenging their approach where necessary.
- Become the secondary point of contact for the Avaya telephone system
- Translate IS 'technical jargon' into business language. Help personnel define service enhancements and defects. Represent the IS department at User Groups and other industry forums.
In addition to specialist application skills, the Infrastructure team provides expertise across several technology areas. This role will be expected to provide and develop a level expertise and solutions in the following areas:
- VM Ware,Windows,Linux, Storage systems, networking, ITIL, basic Project Management, Windows, Problem solving
What you need to be the successful Infrastructure Engineer:
In order to be the successful Infrastructure Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Extensive IT industry experience
- Experience of working with 3rd party application providers
- Ability to plan, track and coordinate complex technical activities
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the confidence to interact with technical peers
- Microsoft skills to include Windows server, Sharepoint and some SQL server.
- Strong customer facing verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated by efficient use of technology to solve business problems
- Lateral thinking and problem solving ability
- Good personal workload management and ability to work to deadlines
- 'Completer finisher' with a high attention to detail
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for personal improvement
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Infrastructure Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.