|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Technology, Defence, IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Technology / Defence
Infrastructure Engineer required for my client, a globally recognised and respected technology company working within the defence / cyber security industry in Portsmouth.
We are currently looking for candidates with a strong technical background with a broad range of knowledge, the tech stack is based on Microsoft Server, VMWare and a mixture of COTS and custom applications.
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package which will be discussed further upon application.
Key Responsibilities for Infrastructure Engineer:
- A Lead Infrastructure Engineer who will proactively work with solution architects in the delivery of projects and aid in the production of proposals (preparation/justification of work programmes/plans/resource estimates). The successful candidate will work within a team of fellow professionals in a technology driven environment that offers excellent career progression.
- The team is responsible for delivery of client projects, service patching, incident resolution, security response, acceptance into service, technology upgrades, problem management, datacentre operations, automation and efficiency improvements, technical mentoring, presales input, and more.
- As the Lead Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring BAU, which will include leading small teams and engaging with customers and the wider company community. You will remain hands-on and have oversight of complex technical issues, technically leading projects and major incidents through to resolution.
Requirements for Infrastructure Engineer:
- Strong technical background with a broad range of knowledge, the tech stack is based on Microsoft Server, VMWare and a mixture of COTS and custom applications.
- Knowledge of PowerShell and Cyber Security, or working in a secure environment, would be advantageous.
- Calm and methodical approach to problem solving
- You foster a culture of best practice, process, compliance and continuous improvement
- Industry standard qualifications, or equivalent knowledge, such as MCSE, CISSP, CCNP, ITIL, VCP, degree
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
To apply for this exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer, please press 'apply now'.