|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £43000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Rail & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Dominic Martin|
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Infrastructure Lead Engineer to progres their career and take it to the next level with one of the world's leading and fastest growing defence organisations based in Havant, Hampshire! They have recently won million pound contracts involving Naval Communications, Radars and Electronic Warfare systems!
As an Infrastructure Lead Engineer, you'll be required to and will be one of a team of Infrastructure Leads working as a collaborative group with responsibility for cost, schedule, and quality execution of all team activities, as required to fulfil Systems Solutions business objectives.
On offer is:
* An annual salary up to £45,000 including a flexible benefits package
* My client has recently adopted a new working pattern which includes every other Friday out of work!
* The opportunity to work with the latest technology in the industry!
All applicants for this Infrastructure Lead Engineer position must be eligible for SC clearance, due to working on top-secret, defence sensitive projects.
The key responsibilities and tasks for the Infrastructure Lead Engineer includes:
* In-depth knowledge and operational support experience of technical infrastructure environments
* You'll be responsible for guiding and mentoring junior members of the team and handling escalated tasks, you'll need proven ability to coach and lead others.
* Experienced in investigating network issues, diagnosing the root cause, and recommending appropriate corrective actions.
Essential Qualifications and Skills required for Infrastructure Lead Engineer position:
* Familiarity with the ITIL, Agile, and DevOps Processes and Techniques
* Knowledge and operational experience of any of the following technologies would be an advantage:
o Oracle Database (including SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, stored procedures)
o AIX (including HACMP, HMC, CSM, NIM, VIO)
o MS-Windows Server
o IP networks (including DNS, routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers)
o Tivoli Enterprise Management solutions
o Tivoli Storage Manager
o Server, Network and Disk Hardware Platforms
* Experience of performance monitoring and tuning within complex IT environments
Please remember, you must be eligible for SC security clearance when applying for this role.
How to apply:
To discuss your application and enquire about interviewing for this position please apply for the role online and Dominic Martin at Gold Group Ltd will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the next steps of your application.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.