|Location: Northwood, Middlesex||Salary: £00001 - £000002 per annum|
|Sector: Utilities & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Andriana Panayi||Job Published: 4 days ago|
Job Title: Infrastructure Manager
Reports to: AD of Technology
Salary band: Competitive
We are looking for a motivated Infrastructure Manager with experience maintaining and developing a UK wide multi-site. This role is a hands on technical and leadership role.
This is an experienced and senior role required to ensure the stability of the current estate and infrastructure operations of the company information systems and to modernise both technology and process.
Overview of Infrastructure Manager Job role:
* Reporting to the AD of IT
* responsibility for providing enterprise operational IT Infrastructure support
* managing remote locations and processes
* Apply proven theory, logic, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to optimise the benefits of our IT systems.
* As a mentor, the infrastructure manager will provide guidance, frameworks and templates to the all engineering staff.
* Proactively manage personal development, in order to increase performance levels and provide opportunities for career development.
* Work positively and communicate professionally across the team in order to make an effective contribution to team tasks increase the team spirit at all times.
* Technically manage a team of 2nd/3rd line support for IT Systems delivering a first-class level of support to our colleagues and customers
* Manage & maintain the day to day operations of IT systems in line with the business need and defined service levels.
* Develop plans and procedures along with reporting
* Be comfortable in presenting to senior business leadership
* Experienced in migrating from legacy platforms to current standards
* Manage third party vendors and negotiate new services and additional services
* Monitor, analyse and correct system support issues and errors
* Technical problem investigation, data collection and problem resolution
* Develop Infrastructure technical strategy including cloud services
* Assure the integrity, performance and security of IT systems; ensuring they are continually monitored and maintained.
* Plan and implement upgrades via release & deployment process
* Be hands on to install and configure and maintain the enterprise applications and services
* Data Network, Server and Storage performance tuning
* Define a technical Unified communications strategy
* Contribute to the overall strategy and delivery of IT Services across the company
* Define the operational plans for continuous service improvement
* Manage the deployment of services within the production and test environments
* Investigate emerging systems technologies and applications, contribute technical expertise to decision-making within the department and share expertise and knowledge with technical specialists and other colleagues.
* Establish technical mechanisms and plans to ensure business continuity
* Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
* Define Policies, Procedures and Standards to safeguard the environment
* Pro-actively seek to Improve and automate processes in accordance with best practice
* Lead handover workshops and training to support teams and end users for all modified and new systems
* Define scoping documents and business cases for all proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions
* Engage and negotiate with vendors, partners, and contractors to secure system-related products and services