|Location: Solihull, West Midlands||Salary: £28000 - £32000 per annum + + Shift Allowance for Nights|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
Infrastructure Analyst (NIGHTS)
A night shift Infrastructure Support Analyst is needed for a market leading services provider organisation based in Solihull who are looking to employ an experienced and motivated Infrastructure Support Analyst.
The rota you would work around would be 4 days on 4 days off and each shift would run from 7pm to 7am!
The successful night shift Infrastructure Support Analyst will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 + 20% Shift Allowance for NIGHTS
- 31 day's holiday
- Medical Cover
- Pension Plan
- Free eye tests
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual pay reviews
- Free BUPA health screenings
Some of the main duties of the night shift Infrastructure Support Analyst will include:
- Maximise the use of all in-house systems to be a key member of a highly customer focused and professional Service Desk function.
- Work with your colleagues on the Client Services teams to effectively monitor customer systems and network performance, to process events and manage Incidents and Service Requests.
- Receive escalations from the Infrastructure Leads within the Client Services teams and act as overflow for these teams
- Communicate fully and effectively with customers throughout the incident lifecycle, ensuring that at all times the customer is fully aware of the status of their incident or service request.
- Provide the highest level of service by meeting or exceeding contractual SLAs and KPIs and by proactively identifying process improvement opportunities within the department.
- Work from or travel to customer sites to provide extended Service Desk services to the customer beyond that provided from our office locations as required..
- Work with the Change Management team to write and implement change requests to ensure minimum impact to the customer when undertaking essential work and maintenance.
- Ensure that all work carried out for customers is recorded using in-house systems accurately such that work is charged correctly and no work is undertaken unbilled that should be billable or charged to the wrong contract / contract line.
- Maintain a level of technological competence that remains current and fit-for-purpose in your role, highlighting any training needs to your line manager where appropriate.
- Ensure where possible, or highlight where not, that Acora fulfils its contractual obligations to its contracted services customers.
- Develop, over time, a knowledge of our customers' businesses and organisation, including key users of technology and their needs
- To adopt and endorse the company's values (as above) and vision to be "game changing", across all aspects of the role at all times.
- To endorse and co-operate fully with the Business Improvement process, participating in or contributing to, designated change projects as required.
- Such additional tasks or projects as may be required by the Board or management team, in support of the Company's commercial objectives from time to time.
In order to be the successful night shift Infrastructure Support Analyst and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems including Active Directory, Group Policy.
- Virtualisation (e.g. Vmware, MS Hyper-V)
- Enterprise Storage (Netapp, Dell EqualLogic)
- Microsoft Exchange.
- Cloud Technologies (Office 365, Azure)
- Networking (configuration of firewalls, routers and switches)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a night shift Infrastructure Support Analyst to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.