|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Aaron Stone||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Injection Moulding Technician
Injection Moulding Technician required to join a globally established Aerospace / Engineering company in the Cheltenham area. On offer is a competitive salary with a range of benefits that would be disclosed over the phone.
Job Purpose of the Injection Moulding Technician.
- To manufacture moulded components & assemblies using both Injection moulding & Compression moulding machines.
- To assist the team leader in all aspects of control within the mould shop.
- To ensure that all build documentation is completed in accordance with company procedures
- To maintain training records in accordance with company procedure as evidence of work carried out
- To perform testing and inspection in accordance with the individuals scope of approval
- To assist in the training of other operators to help them achieve Approved Operator status.
Key Responsibilities of the Injection Moulding Technician.
- Responsible for the day to day loading & running of the mould machines.
- Set up & manage a TPM system for the mould machines
- Responsible for control & maintenance of all mould shop tooling.
- Responsible for the management of raw material to ensure traceability control & prevention of contamination.
- Work with the production engineering team to ensure all moulding processes are repeatable & stable.
- Work with the Health & safety / facilities manager to ensure compliance to any & all Health & safety requirements.
- Complete all tasks in accordance with the relevant drawings, manufacturing instructions process sheets and specifications
- Review you job progress on an annual basis with the objective of achieving continuous improvement. You will need to adhere and contribute to the advancement of the Company Mission.
- Maintain awareness and attend training courses as applicable for the purpose of the Company and self-development
- Adhere at all times to Company Procedure
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested
Background and Understanding of the Injection Moulding Technician
- Previous experience of working in a mould shop environment
- Full understanding of the expectations and requirements of your primary customer
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
- Motivated, disciplined and enthusiastic
- Ability to work with fellow team members in a respectful and courteous manner
- Willingness to learn and be trained to the necessary standards and record and monitor progress using the appropriate business process
- Evidence of an eye test within the last 2 years and appropriate actions taken where required
- Already have, or willing to undergo BPSS security checks
Advantageous Skills of the Injection Moulding Technician
- Perfect colour vision - actual importance dependent upon specific role
- Previous experience in an Aerospace or defence manufacturing environment