|Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex||Salary: Up to £28000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Georgia Boylan|
Insights editor needed for a well-established award-winning media company based in West Sussex who are looking to employ an experienced insights editor with an in-depth knowledge of B2B journalistic competencies with a focus on producing in-depth industry analysis and technical content in a self-sufficient manner good commissioning skill, from writing briefs to ensuring deadlines are met.
The successful Insight editor will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a completive salary and an added bonus.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the insight editor will include:
- Plan, write and edit an ongoing series of sponsored technical reports (edie Explains), industry guides (edie Insight) and case studies (edie In Action) - for both the strategic and operational/technical levels.
- Gather market intelligence through industry surveys and events, and writing in-depth analysis for online articles and insight reports.
- Visualise outputs, working closely with designers on the layout of reports and guides.
- Manage the delivery of edie's awards content including the finalists' brochure and winners' report.
- Optimise all the above for the web, considering SEO and promotion across social media channels.
- Contribute to edie's news, feature and multimedia content, working with the editorial team.
- Contribute to the growth and content outputs of edie's 'Mission Possible' sustainable business campaign.
What you need to be the successful insights editor:
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills, especially in forward-planning, project management and handling multiple deadlines.
- Strong B2B journalistic competencies with a focus on producing in-depth industry analysis and technical content in a self-sufficient manner.
- An affinity for in-depth journalism and a rigorous attention to detail through written copy and data analysis.
- Commissioning skills, from writing briefs to ensuring deadlines are met.
- Good commercial grounding and a creative approach to new commercial ideas.
- Strong communication skills and able to work effectively with others in a close-knit editorial team and across the edie brand.
- Strong web production, SEO optimisation and social media skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to represent the brand well across the company and at industry events.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an insights editor to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!