|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
Inspection Engineer needed for a leading aerospace and defence company based in Dorset. They are looking to employ an experienced Inspection Engineer who has Electrical and Electronic inspection experience, they are also looking for experience within wiring, soldering, loom, panels and enclosure. Also experience within reading and working from circuit diagrams and general assembly drawings is required.
The Inspection and Release Engineer will be part of an integrated and flexible team within the Operations Manufacturing Business.
You will be involved in various aspects of the product inspection and release process, supporting delivery activities, including goods in inspection, in process and final product release of equipment.
You will control the initial receipt of equipment to be repaired, survey, inspection in process - including electrical, electronic and pcb assemblies, mechanical build and the final dispatch of completed goods to customers.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Inspection Engineer will include:
- Intermediate inspection of equipment (in process and pre-test), as defined in Router -Traveller documentation.
- Goods-inward inspection of (coded) goods received from suppliers.
- Take a lead role in the process of initial survey and inspection of equipment returned for repair and refurbishment.
- Identification and investigation of corrective and preventive action and assistance with its effective implementation
- Assisting other members of the team responsible for the inspection and product release process with other tasks that may be required from time to time, e.g. initial survey of equipment returned by customers for repair and preparation of inspection reports, assembly of final release paperwork.
What you need to be the successful Inspection Engineer:
In order to be the successful Inspection Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Electrical / Electronic inspection to meet compliance with IPC610, IPC620 or worked to an equivalent standard would be an advantage.
- In Process wiring, soldering, loom, panels and enclosures, electrical bias to workload but some familiarity with mechanical drawings, schedules and associated supplier documentation.
- Familiar with ESD procedures, working in an ESD compliant work environment.
- Extensive experience of performing Inspection tasks both commercial off the shelf and bespoke test equipment
- Able to read and work from circuit diagrams and general assembly drawings
- Will be tidy, well organised and able to complete specified tasks in a precise and methodical manner
- Be familiar with use and maintenance of crimp tools, soldering and de soldering equipment
- Ability to use spreadsheets, databases and word processing packages
- Ability to use measuring and test equipment appropriate to verification of product acceptance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Inspection Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Inspection Engineer role, you need to be eligible for SC security clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.